Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The best AFL guernsey?
"The only good AFL Guernsey is a DEAD AFL Guernsey!"

Although considering Ross and Big Ant might sway me to buy their next AFL game (But in no way ever support AFL as a sport), I'll rate the following...

Home - 2013 Brisbane Lions Guernsey
Clash - 2013 Adelaide Crows Guernsey
Pre-Season - 2013 Richmond Tigers Guernsey
Training - 2013 Sydney Swans Guernsey

Ah crap.. I'm being too nice...
Biggest Joke - $75 to $115 (approx.) for a singlet (phew... that felt more natural):p.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
The prices for all sports jerseys are madness these days. What's an NRL one worth now? $160? How many people update their jerseys yearly? I'll be f&*ked if I'm paying $160 a year for a jersey.

On pricing actually, the other day I bought tickets to my very first AFL game, Swans v Crows. And the ticket prices really surprised me actually. For a family of 4 (2 adults & 2 kids) it was only $60. My brother took his family to the Sharks and Dogs? game at Bluetongue stadium and paid over $100. Maybe that's half the reason behind smaller crowds at NRL games, as well as great TV coverage too lol.
Tell me about it, $160 is a ridiculous price for a jersey (unless your the one making that profit margin). Makes me laugh when people boast about having all their teams jerseys, doesn't make you more of a fan, it makes you a sucker. While i'll update eventually, I wear my '93 jersey with pride.

Game day prices could be more reasonable , especially considering the price of food and drink. Personally my view is that people are becoming more time and money conscious so watching the game at home is way more convenient and cheaper.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
I like the prices of cricket matches
Whitewash for the Aussies!!!
(06-02-2013, 10:05 AM)RuckNHell Wrote: Tell me about it, $160 is a ridiculous price for a jersey (unless your the one making that profit margin). Makes me laugh when people boast about having all their teams jerseys, doesn't make you more of a fan, it makes you a sucker. While i'll update eventually, I wear my '93 jersey with pride.

Game day prices could be more reasonable , especially considering the price of food and drink. Personally my view is that people are becoming more time and money conscious so watching the game at home is way more convenient and cheaper.

Old cotton jerseys are best, with much nicer designs and only a few sponsors. The walking billboard jerseys of today are ridiculous. Look at the Tigers they have had 30 different designs since 2000.

Indeed people are more time and money conscious, especially in Sydney where it is so expensive to live. That and all the competing entertainment, not just from other codes.

Back on topic. Freos singlet is pretty good.