Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What star player will you pick?
(09-06-2015, 09:50 PM)I Love Ross Wrote: If Mullen was able to play to his potential I'd have him and Austin as my halves. That's a big if though, the guy is either playing average or looking to come good then get's injured.

I'm not sure if you watch many Newcastle games but Mullen is never really average. Whenever he plays he makes a big difference, his game management is second to none and his kicking game is close to the best in the competition. If he was playing for any other club he would be playing origin but unfortunately for him no one really pays attention to the Knights. My mind boggles that the likes of Josh Reynolds and Luke Keary are considered better options at 5/8
(09-07-2015, 08:24 AM)dill1234 Wrote: I'm not sure if you watch many Newcastle games but Mullen is never really average. Whenever he plays he makes a big difference, his game management is second to none and his kicking game is close to the best in the competition. If he was playing for any other club he would be playing origin but unfortunately for him no one really pays attention to the Knights. My mind boggles that the likes of Josh Reynolds and Luke Keary are considered better options at 5/8

If Mullo played for another club, he still wouldn't play origin. Mullo is a good player, but that is about it. Apart from 2013, he has never set the world on fire. His best asset is his running and kicking game. He has never been able to steer the team around the park. I think now we have Hodkinson, we can see Mullo go back to back to how he wants to play, which isn't the main play maker role.
(09-07-2015, 09:25 AM)TinyBobcat Wrote:
(09-07-2015, 08:24 AM)dill1234 Wrote: I'm not sure if you watch many Newcastle games but Mullen is never really average. Whenever he plays he makes a big difference, his game management is second to none and his kicking game is close to the best in the competition. If he was playing for any other club he would be playing origin but unfortunately for him no one really pays attention to the Knights. My mind boggles that the likes of Josh Reynolds and Luke Keary are considered better options at 5/8

If Mullo played for another club, he still wouldn't play origin. Mullo is a good player, but that is about it. Apart from 2013, he has never set the world on fire. His best asset is his running and kicking game. He has never been able to steer the team around the park. I think now we have Hodkinson, we can see Mullo go back to back to how he wants to play, which isn't the main play maker role.

He is the ONLY player we've had since joey retired and Bedsy left that can steer us around. No hasn't particularly set the world on fire but part of that comes from playing in a mediocre team. If he played for the Bulldogs or Souths he would be an origin player
Mullen has been in the NRL for 10 years and has been first string for about 9 of those years. Despite that he hasn't even played 200 NRL matches yet.

It really shows just how injury prone he is when someone like Mitch Pearce reaches 200 in 7 and a half years.
(09-07-2015, 09:31 AM)SOR Wrote: Mullen has been in the NRL for 10 years and has been first string for about 9 of those years. Despite that he hasn't even played 200 NRL matches yet.

It really shows just how injury prone he is when someone like Mitch Pearce reaches 200 in 7 and a half years.

I was watching the Roosters game with a couple mates and we were both commenting on how durable Pearce is and how he never gets injured. Couldn't believe it when he went down.
(09-07-2015, 10:42 AM)TinyBobcat Wrote:
(09-07-2015, 09:31 AM)SOR Wrote: Mullen has been in the NRL for 10 years and has been first string for about 9 of those years. Despite that he hasn't even played 200 NRL matches yet.

I was watching the Roosters game with a couple mates and we were both commenting on how durable Pearce is and how he never gets injured. Couldn't believe it when he went down.

This is the longest injury he's had in years and he's only set to be out for about 4 weeks total (Due back this week allegedly)
(09-07-2015, 10:47 AM)SOR Wrote:

This is the longest injury he's had in years and he's only set to be out for about 4 weeks total (Due back this week allegedly)

Allegedly.
(09-07-2015, 11:01 AM)FreshsoulL Wrote:
(09-07-2015, 10:47 AM)SOR Wrote:

Allegedly.

Yes, he said on Friday night he's not sure when he'd be back and it's 50/50 but a lot of people have said he'd be back this week also.

I only want him back if Maloney is suspended. I'm happy with Pearce to rest week 1 of the finals and be 100% for the preliminary compared to rushing him back at 70% and him playing poorly or re-injuring himself.