Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Last Gen Delay
If it is a problem on the manufacturing end there really shouldn't be a reason the digital version doesn't meet the original release date.
(09-06-2015, 03:36 AM)I Love Ross Wrote: If it is a problem on the manufacturing end there really shouldn't be a reason the digital version doesn't meet the original release date.

Yeah that's what i thought, but i remember reading in a thread that they are pushing for a 10th September release date for xbox 360 and ps3 so i was just seeing if a date has been confirmed.
(09-06-2015, 03:36 AM)I Love Ross Wrote: If it is a problem on the manufacturing end there really shouldn't be a reason the digital version doesn't meet the original release date.

It's not that straight forward. Retailers often have agreements about not being after digital.

I cannot say that this is the case with RLL3 as we are not responsible for that side of the business. I could understand the position of the retailers though as if they've committed to buying stock they wouldn't want to be at a disadvantage.

There's also the idea of parity in platforms, it might not be that both platforms are delayed but because one is the other has to be. There is always a lot more to timing of release that the physical ability to do so.

As an example, we've had patches ready and approved for some of the platforms for DBC but cannot release them until all are ready.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(09-06-2015, 10:11 AM)Ross Wrote:

It's not that straight forward. Retailers often have agreements about not being after digital.

I cannot say that this is the case with RLL3 as we are not responsible for that side of the business. I could understand the position of the retailers though as if they've committed to buying stock they wouldn't want to be at a disadvantage.

There's also the idea of parity in platforms, it might not be that both platforms are delayed but because one is the other has to be. There is always a lot more to timing of release that the physical ability to do so.

As an example, we've had patches ready and approved for some of the platforms for DBC but cannot release them until all are ready.

So we just have to wait until The 10th to see? I'm okay with waiting the extra couple weeks but i'm just so keen to play this game!
(09-06-2015, 10:11 AM)Ross Wrote:

The only other time I can think of something like this happening was Dying Light, which had its digital versions launch a good month earlier.

I'm referring to a delayed release not affecting digital here, not simply last gen trailing after the current gen.
Bloke saying on facebook eb games in nz told him the game was delayed again.
(09-06-2015, 12:35 PM)krypter Wrote: Bloke saying on facebook eb games in nz told him the game was delayed again.

Only for 360 and PS3 versions as previously mentioned ages go. That guy just catching up with the times hence no one has responded to his post.
(09-06-2015, 12:36 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(09-06-2015, 12:35 PM)krypter Wrote: Bloke saying on facebook eb games in nz told him the game was delayed again.

Only for 360 and PS3 versions as previously mentioned ages go. That guy just catching up with the times hence no one has responded to his post.

ahk cool. Just woke up and made no sense of wtf he was on about. Figured here would know.,
He is actually replying to himself lol. What a clown