Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finals Footy - How will your team go?
(09-05-2015, 11:56 PM)BRAB Wrote: Illawarra is dead, get over it

Wow, you're just determined to turn anything I post into an argument, aren't you.

Grow up, you petty, petty little man.
I think in the current finals set up you'll see Melbourne beat the Dragons whilst the Bulldogs should probably beat Souths although with Inglis you can't be 100% sure.

Roosters I think can beat Cronulla but it'll be tough if Maloney gets charged whilst I see the Broncos beating the Cowboys.

Grand Final I think will be Roosters Vs Broncos with Roosters winning.

(09-05-2015, 11:56 PM)BRAB Wrote: Illawarra is dead, get over it

It's not really dead. The Dragons play 4-6 games a season here and they still train here. Most of the players live down here as well I think.
Yep. Wayne Bennett moved all the training facilities down here when he took over. Most of the players live in the Illawarra and most of the local juniors come from the Illawarra.
WIN Stadium is one of the best stadiums in the state so it's good that it's getting regular use even just as a training stadium.
To be honest, I'd like it to be a bit more regular.

The NRL's "Right Game, Right Stadium" policy sucks. Its all about money, not the fans.
I'd like it to be more regular as well but WIN Stadium doesn't really draw a crowd. The national team played here last year as I'm sure you know and I don't believe the match even sold out. It's the national team on a beautiful Sunday afternoon for the first time ever and they only got around 15,000 people when the stadium has a 23,000 capacity.

I think in the future WIN Stadium will become more of a soccer stadium. Sydney FC are playing more and more down here and there are discussions about a Southern team which will allegedly consist of Wollongong and Cronulla joining the A-League as a joint venture.

A positive is it's being seen as a good place for sport in general. The Cutters play out of there, The South Coast Wolves play out of there, the A-League All Stars trained and played a match there last year, Australian National Team (Rugby League), Australian National Team U20's (Soccer), Sydney FC and the Iraq National Team (Soccer) all have played here in the past 12 months which is great.
I was at that Kangaroos game. It wasn't exactly a high profile match. I can't even remember who we played, I think it might have been Samoa.

We can get much bigger crowds when we are playing well. the crowds in 2009 and 2010 were pretty good. But either way, there is nothing "Dragons" about Allianz and ANZ. We shouldn't be forced to play home games there.
Samoa might not be high profile competition but they're not exactly a weak side either and it was a meaningful game that was apart of a tournament.

I think if Wollongong wanted more big games like that they really needed to sell out. I remember the A-League All Stars got 6000 people to a simple friendly match where the All Stars never got out of second gear. Australian National Team in one of the countries most popular sports probably should have had 23,000 people there with people being turned away.

Admittedly I didn't go though so I shouldn't complain about the lack of attendance.
(09-06-2015, 01:02 AM)SOR Wrote: Admittedly I didn't go though so I shouldn't complain about the lack of attendance.

So its your fault! I was there! I did my part!

Tongue

Seriously though, has a Kangaroos game against Samoa ever pulled a crowd of 23,000 at any stadium anywhere in Australia? I seriously doubt it.
(09-01-2015, 10:30 PM)Steeler Wrote: I don't know how the Dragons will go, but I'll predict that we'll be playing the Bulldogs in the first round of the finals.

Called it. Big Grin