Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RLL3 Hands-on Preview
Paging HBK and Ross.

Do the AI do what Yuna has described above on the hardest difficulty?
From what I've seen, and this goes for the AI and humans, they almost always throw 1 too many passes. They will find a gap between 2 defenders but, instead of taking the easy metres on offer, made possible by having no more magnetic defenders, they pass to someone in a worse position, generally directly behind them. I think in open play you almost always need to use a cut out pass because the support player seems to be behind rather than next to you.
Little bit worried that it looks like you couldn't change specific player stats. I don't quite get why you have so many stats if you can't change each one individually.

The tries in the Leeds v KR were a bit odd. What difficulty was that one on? Cuthbertson's try only seemed to occur because the defence kept running back to behind the try line and the other was Tilse running 50 meters!
(08-31-2015, 10:27 PM)theaxe1606 Wrote: From what I've seen, and this goes for the AI and humans, they almost always throw 1 too many passes. They will find a gap between 2 defenders but, instead of taking the easy metres on offer they pass to someone in a worse position, generally directly behind them.

^^100% this

There are a few instances the defensive human player actually ran out of position and created a hole in the defensive line. The A.I ran through that hole and then PASSED it to his team mate marked by 2 defensive players. I wish the A.I actually held on to the ball and ran it
Im thinking and I hope im wrong that the higher levels of AI are just better at offloading and beating tackles rather than tactically smarter.
(08-31-2015, 10:30 PM)Dann_K Wrote: Little bit worried that it looks like you couldn't change specific player stats. I don't quite get why you have so many stats if you can't change each on individually.

Ross is confident that they have gone in the right direction with this but at the time wasn't able to go into detail. I think now would be a good time for HBK in particular to go a bit more in depth in regards to stats and how they work.
Here's an example of what I'm talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fxli20wNws

12:31 - There's a huge gap to run through but the A.I passes it!! WTF!!
Address specific example please BigAnt
(08-31-2015, 10:32 PM)theaxe1606 Wrote:
(08-31-2015, 10:30 PM)Dann_K Wrote: Little bit worried that it looks like you couldn't change specific player stats. I don't quite get why you have so many stats if you can't change each on individually.

Ross is confident that they have gone in the right direction with this but at the time wasn't able to go into detail. I think now would be a good time for HBK in particular to go a bit more in depth in regards to stats and how they work.
Off topic saw on fb rlhub that in career when you retire you can choose the prodigy option and your son can carry on your legacy and start off with better stats then what you started with. If you get an injury late in your career it can force you into retirement. Big ant guys where talking about the prodigy option but I never payed it any mind. I think that's sick never seen other sport games try this