Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lacrosse Backer Feedback
Definitely need to see more of this game.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
The IndieGogo backer thing will likely be reopened.
(09-04-2015, 04:39 PM)Ross Wrote: The IndieGogo backer thing will likely be reopened.

Ross do you know If the Lacrosse Academy will be available to the public anytime soon. I'm sure it will be better exposure for the game to, instead of it it just being closed beta. Also Carlo was talking about needing about 1 million dollars to make the game he only raised $170,000 from memory. Do you believe this game will still go ahead cheers Smile
The Lacrosse Academy is for backers, it is not planned for it to go to the public.

The game is in full production and will certainly be released.
Ok Cool thanks Ross.
(09-04-2015, 05:26 PM)pure_brad Wrote:
(09-04-2015, 04:39 PM)Ross Wrote: The IndieGogo backer thing will likely be reopened.

Ross do you know If the Lacrosse Academy will be available to the public anytime soon. I'm sure it will be better exposure for the game to, instead of it it just being closed beta. Also Carlo was talking about needing about 1 million dollars to make the game he only raised $170,000 from memory. Do you believe this game will still go ahead cheers Smile

I believe I was told Crosse Studios did fundraisers outside of indiegogo too so the total funds for this game do exceed 170k.
[email protected]
-Kyle Souza
Very impressive what you have been able to accompish so far. love the game. it needs desperately to be optimized however. maybe make it so the players dont have laser accuracy too. cant wait to play the full game!
From my point of view, the game could benefit from adding the ability to sprint (at least a few meters of boost; I know there is a stutter step button) and the ability to fake a pass and fake a shot. Also, maybe, the ability to wind up a hard shot.
Hey, so a couple things with this new beta update. Just wanted to start off by saying the game looks like it's coming along great, love to see that you'd rather take more time to make a better quality game than to just rush it and put out crap. With that being said I just thought I'd give some feed back. I understand this is a beta so some of the things I say may already be in the works, or being fixed, or it's just like it because it's a beta and not the complete project.

1. Shooting/passing: the shots are ridiculously strong and accurate, I don't know if it'll be set up like nhl or FIFA to where you have the ability to control your shot speed/ placement, but that would be ideal. The passing is fluid, also being ideal would be having to aim your passes and be able to control the pass speed like In FIFA.

2. Animation: the graphics are coming along great, again I understand it's a beta and I don't know if this was being planned to be put into the game but having a field that would get torn up by the players playing on it (also like in FIFA or the ice in nhl) would be something id like to see, along with the jerseys getting dirty when you get hit and slide Acrosse the ground. Also having net movement, so when you sting a corner the net bends to the ball (like in FIFA). Only complaint with the animation is how when you go from running to a btb or a diving shot it becomes very choppy, it looks extremely unnatural like the running animation stops and it is straight into a dive.
Other than that it looks like it's coming along great. I'd would just love to see an interactive field environment, I feel it'd bring so much to the game.

3. This is just a side question, when I originally backed the game I had a PS3 and now I have a ps4, could you please inform me on how I can change it to where when the game comes out I can get it for ps4.

(09-11-2015, 05:58 AM)gato_callejero Wrote: From my point of view, the game could benefit from adding the ability to sprint (at least a few meters of boost; I know there is a stutter step button) and the ability to fake a pass and fake a shot. Also, maybe, the ability to wind up a hard shot.

I agree 100% with the fake shot/pass, that would be something I'd love to see implemented into the game. Also with dodging, it could be set up like FIFA where you use the right analog stick to skill move.
I was really blown away and excited to see this progress. The animations were a bit choppy, but I imagine that'll be part of the optimization once I can tweak the graphic settings.

Passing:
I thought it was a little too accurate on the move, but acceptable. I wasn't able to figure out a one time/quick stick function though. I'd like to plan ahead and pick a direction while the ball is in the air to plan for the next move. I'd also apply this to shooting. It was pretty responsive once the ball landed though.

Shooting:
I thought this mechanic was pretty good for now. It'll matter a little more when the goalie is in there. I liked how the player stepped into their shots if they had a poor angle when the button was originally pushed. Same comment as passing, the quick stick functionality needs to be able to activate in the air. I'd absolute trade off accuracy for passing and shooting to be able to pull off some quick stick moves.

Movement:
I really enjoyed the way they operated on a "string". That being said I found the two guys without the ball didn't stay dangerous enough. They tended to drop below GLE too often, making it really difficult to pass and still have somebody in a dangerous position to score. It would also be nice to see a little more intelligence when I cut toward another player. Right now I have to get awfully close before he cuts away. Based on team strategy, I would expect him to either immediately cut to goal, immediately clear space or even set a pick if I ran towards him.