Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Current Gen vs Last Gen
I'm not sure if this has been asked before but will there be significant differences between ps4/xbox one and ps3/360? All of the gameplay looks amazing but I don't own a current gen console and am wondering if I will be missing out.
Yes, this question has been asked "yonks" of time.......get it......huh.......get it lolololol
(08-28-2015, 01:11 AM)Yonks Wrote: I'm not sure if this has been asked before but will there be significant differences between ps4/xbox one and ps3/360? All of the gameplay looks amazing but I don't own a current gen console and am wondering if I will be missing out.

Only the graphical quality.
New gen has the 50 years of origin games and a playable download content of a cronulla sharks team that actually have a premiership...

But nah no difference besides basic graphics from console upgrades and the feature of game capture for ps4, nothing else mate.
Alright thanks, heard the new madden ignored the old consoles and was worried rll3 might have done the same
(08-28-2015, 01:43 AM)Yonks Wrote: Alright thanks, heard the new madden ignored the old consoles and was worried rll3 might have done the same

I was going to stick with the 360 up until last month when i finally bit the bullet and got the xbox One.Nearly all my mates and my Bros' etc.. have moved over now and with more and more titles coming out i felt its about the time to move with this release imminent.

I actually don't think there will be that much difference between the two as far as RLL3 goes, a little bit crisper in the graphics maybe but should be fine on the whole.Online could be where the differences lie but that we will have to see on that.
(08-28-2015, 01:17 AM)jacko099 Wrote: New gen has the 50 years of origin games and a playable download content of a cronulla sharks team that actually have a premiership...

C'mon, at least try to make it believable.

Video game developers can imagine alien worlds, fantasy races and magical realms, but even they can't envision a universe where the Sharks have won a premiership.
Gameplay wise the consoles will be the same however we ported backwards from the Current-Gen to the old gen which means the current-gen looks great (essentially does not look like a port because it's not) whereas the old gen doesn't look as good.

This is the approach that FIFA/Madden took and after seeing other sports games ported "upwards" I think it's the right path.

We now have a very good base that is fully current gen ready.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com