Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How are the Sharks not over the cap? Seriously...
13. Paul Gallen © (Current New South Wales captain and probably the best lock forward in the entire competition)

Wrong. Parker runs over Gallen any day. Gallen is also the reason I dislike the Sharks. Anyway, if Maloney was that cheap why weren't there more teams chasing him? *cough* Titans *cough*. He would be a great replacement for Cherry-Evans and he still is fairly young.
(09-14-2015, 04:06 PM)Giraffe Wrote: Anyway, if Maloney was that cheap why weren't there more teams chasing him? *cough* Titans *cough*. He would be a great replacement for Cherry-Evans and he still is fairly young.

Lots of reasons. Most of the time it isn't as cut and dry as just money.

Maloney probably has a decent set up in Sydney. Home, Girlfriend/Wife, perhaps a family. Probably has tons of friends so why move interstate to play for the Gold Coast when you can sign with Cronulla and still be in driving range for training?

Gold Coast would have been better off chasing Hodkinson hard. Hodkinson was obviously keen for somewhat of a move and the Titans could have got him. I think Maloney didn't want to move much at all but was forced due to Roosters cap.
I understand he may not want to move but the Gold Coast must have some big cash still in their salary cap and there has already been a few instances this season where people have chased the big money. But yeah, Hodkinson was a realistic target and I can't understand why they let him slip because there isn't really any other decent players off contract for another year or two that the Gold Coast can poach.
(09-18-2015, 10:58 PM)T-BAG SNAG Wrote: lol @ Barba playing "9-12" Origin games if not for Slater.

Greg Inglis anyone? Darius Boyd??

Someone obviously forgot Barba was a one season wonder and is probably basing their opinion of him off of his rating in a video game rating.

For arguments sake lets say Billy Slater never existed. Queensland picks Darius Boyd at fullback because quite frankly Inglis is a beast at centre.

Do you not think Barba becomes a regular member of the Queensland set up in the back line somewhere? Maybe 9-12 games is a little high but I think he definitely plays at least a series or two on the wing or even off the bench in some capacity.

No need to throw insults for an opinion dude.