Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Digital pre-orders over XBL/PSN
Do Big Ant/Tru Blu have control over whether or not digital pre-ordering is available over XBL and PSN, or is it down to Microsoft and Sony? Would prefer a digital copy, but will settle for a physical disc if I can't pre-load the game prior to release.
I don't know if this has been answered before or not but now that it effects me I'd like to know as well.

Would love to just wake up, casually walk down to my living room, buy the game with the magic of the internet and wait for it to install while I eat breakfast.
I think Ross said it will be available on day ome
(08-22-2015, 08:11 AM)SOR Wrote: I don't know if this has been answered before or not but now that it effects me I'd like to know as well.

Would love to just wake up, casually walk down to my living room, buy the game with the magic of the internet and wait for it to install while I eat breakfast.

I think you misunderstand. Most games these days are able to be pre-loaded on your Xbox One or PS4 via pre-order (a system that has been available on PC via steam for some time), so that when it ticks over to midnight on release day you have access to the game right then. No waiting however long the download would take.

(08-22-2015, 11:43 AM)Grizzly Yeti Wrote: I think Ross said it will be available on day ome

This would be disappointing.
Wouldve been good if they allowed the pre order download. With the fanhub and drills available to play up till realease when the full game became available and dowloaded.

If this happens i will cancel my preorder in store as i would much rather a digital copy where it is safe from being scratched or hidden from small hands.
I'll ask on Monday.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(08-22-2015, 07:55 PM)SneakyMules Wrote: Wouldve been good if they allowed the pre order download. With the fanhub and drills available to play up till realease when the full game became available and dowloaded.

But what happens if a retailer decides to break release date. You will be forced to wait till the official release date while others are enjoying the game already.
(08-23-2015, 12:26 AM)Yuna Wrote:
(08-22-2015, 07:55 PM)SneakyMules Wrote: Wouldve been good if they allowed the pre order download. With the fanhub and drills available to play up till realease when the full game became available and dowloaded.

But what happens if a retailer decides to break release date. You will be forced to wait till the official release date while others are enjoying the game already.

This may sound stupid, but I hate the Storm and everything associated with them. I don't want anything physical with Cameron Smith on it in my house, so I'll go digital. I know the Gamesmen are offering the Shaun Johnson covers, but I don't fancy driving for an hour just to get the game a few days early.
You could always throw away the cover......
Or I could get a digital copy... Which is what I intend to do.