Poll: Should we invade The Gamesmen
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES
65.00%
13 65.00%
NO
35.00%
7 35.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gamesmen pre play competition
(08-08-2015, 08:23 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(08-08-2015, 08:02 PM)SOR Wrote: I take that as a compliment. I want a career in radio.

Aren't you a writer? Radio are mostly talkers aren't they?

I've studied writing simply because it's a requirement to pass. I'm actually not fond of newspaper writers or even the media in general. I want to do entertainment radio.

In radio it depends what you want to do. I want to be a radio presenter but a lot of people behind the scenes such as producers, social media coordinators (Like what Keith does for Tru Blu) and even radio journalists etc will do a lot of writing. Some shows especially in America will hire comedy writers as well simply to make the host sound funnier or give original "bit" ideas.

But yeah, I'm a rarity in my class. Everyone wants to write or produce audio/video and I want to present an edgy radio show.
mmm fair enough, good luck bro. How much do they get?
Financially for a radio presenter?

Depends on the market. If you're in a small market in regional towns you're probably either new to the business or terrible so it's about 40-50 thousand a year. Regional cities such as Wollongong, Townsville etc is usually a little higher and around the 70+ mark whilst major cities such as Sydney can be as little as 70-80 all the way up to the millions.

Kyle and Jackie O (Sydney's number 1 show) make 4 million a year each and they were just offered 6 million a year each to go to another station and they turned it down.
(08-08-2015, 08:38 PM)SOR Wrote: Kyle and Jackie O (Sydney's number 1 show) make 4 million a year each and they were just offered 6 million a year each to go to another station and they turned it down.

WTF? Jackie O gets 4million? holy shit

Nah that can't be right seriously
(08-08-2015, 08:59 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(08-08-2015, 08:38 PM)SOR Wrote: Kyle and Jackie O (Sydney's number 1 show) make 4 million a year each and they were just offered 6 million a year each to go to another station and they turned it down.

WTF? Jackie O gets 4million? holy shit

not bad for a 9-5 gig

Perhaps it's the deal that's worth 4 million but they're definitely making a lot of money just for talking. You'll be even more shocked to know that Jackie works from 6-10 and then goes home. Someone fresh out of TAFE/University that goes into radio will usually work 5-3 or something because they produce their own shows and usually have a secondary role but Kyle and Jackie obviously have people for that so they just go home.

IF she does make the 4 million a year that's a 20 hour work week in which she'd pull down about 40 grand before tax. That's over 2000 dollars an hour for a show where she's lucky to do 10-15 minutes of actual talking due to the amount of music and commercials played.

Meanwhile Police deal with human scum and risk their life for what works out to be about 25-30 dollars an hour.
Cops get more than 30bucks an hour. I heard their salary is around the 65k mark which equates to $32 bucks an hour :p
That sucks if you consider the shit they'd go through in an hour. Imagine what you'd go through in a day just to make your 200-300 bucks.

America is even worse for the Police though. A Police Officer in Detroit only makes like 50,000 a year and that's one of the most dangerous parts of North America.
Not to mention that most cops do 12 hour shifts.
I think if I was someone who wanted to be a Cop I'd just go ahead and be a small town Cop. 2000 people town maybe 2-3 officers in the entire town and you just cruise through without anything major ever really occurring. Speeding tickets, pub fights but nobody ever shooting at you or criminal syndicates trying to murder you. I guess some Cops are passionate about putting those guys away though which is admirable.
(08-08-2015, 09:31 PM)Steeler Wrote: Not to mention that most cops do 12 hour shifts.

They get paid penalty rates though. So its 65k + penalty

(08-08-2015, 09:35 PM)SOR Wrote: I think if I was someone who wanted to be a Cop I'd just go ahead and be a small town Cop.

Nah, if you were to be a cop you would wanna be a detective where you solve murder cases like CSI, Castle Big Grin