Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Please Big ant read this.
For what it is worth please remember that a lot of dirt track and open wheel fans who also play games do visit these races almost weekly and sometimes Friday thru Sunday. For some it is Church. Point being, you will not be able to match the realism and please "us" unless you do it the right way. Let's start with the Knoxville Nationals for example. It is right around the corner. If every one on this project isn't at the track documenting every single thing that they see or hear then you have no business even making the game. This isn't nascar, nor is it go karts. We don't want a game, we want a simulator. One that sounds like the real thing, looks like the real thing, and acts like the real thing. Three big points. As for sprint cars, here's what we want.

1. Cars that have to be pushed onto the track by a push truck.
2. User controlled rolling starts and yellow flags.
3. Changing track conditions, and cars that find moisture on the cushion or down low. A cushion that gets pushed up the outside of the track as the night goes on by the racers not just automatically. Dusty conditions, tacky conditions, slick, etc.
4. Real setup adjustments. Go talk to crew chiefs or drivers and find out how these cars work.
5. Real physics when hitting ruts, or tires. Crashes that are realistic not where you hit something and fly in the air 200 feet.
6. Sound is a big one.
7. A lot of us don't play online and it would be nice to have good ai to play with.

There are so many things that need improved on with these types of games but this is a start. I realize that you now know that there is a community behind these needs and will do what it takes and we thank you for that. The ragbag world of outlaws game was unbelievable in its day and we all thought things would get better but they really haven't. That was like 15 years ago and that is the best sprint car game that has hit the market. That would be my benchmark for all of this. Make no mistake about it, speaking for myself I would pay 200 or 300 dollars for a good game like this so the keep that in mind. Listen to us please. Go to the tracks and watch the races. YouTube flips and wrecks and learn about the sport so you understand how far off game developers have been on this. Game companies have mastered other sport and racing games but are light years away in dirt track racing. See you soon.
(07-26-2015, 12:52 AM)Indianaraised Wrote: For what it is worth please remember that a lot of dirt track and open wheel fans who also play games do visit these races almost weekly and sometimes Friday thru Sunday. For some it is Church. Point being, you will not be able to match the realism and please "us" unless you do it the right way. Let's start with the Knoxville Nationals for example. It is right around the corner. If every one on this project isn't at the track documenting every single thing that they see or hear then you have no business even making the game. This isn't nascar, nor is it go karts. We don't want a game, we want a simulator. One that sounds like the real thing, looks like the real thing, and acts like the real thing. Three big points. As for sprint cars, here's what we want.

1. Cars that have to be pushed onto the track by a push truck.
2. User controlled rolling starts and yellow flags.
3. Changing track conditions, and cars that find moisture on the cushion or down low. A cushion that gets pushed up the outside of the track as the night goes on by the racers not just automatically. Dusty conditions, tacky conditions, slick, etc.
4. Real setup adjustments. Go talk to crew chiefs or drivers and find out how these cars work.
5. Real physics when hitting ruts, or tires. Crashes that are realistic not where you hit something and fly in the air 200 feet.
6. Sound is a big one.
7. A lot of us don't play online and it would be nice to have good ai to play with.

There are so many things that need improved on with these types of games but this is a start. I realize that you now know that there is a community behind these needs and will do what it takes and we thank you for that. The ragbag world of outlaws game was unbelievable in its day and we all thought things would get better but they really haven't. That was like 15 years ago and that is the best sprint car game that has hit the market. That would be my benchmark for all of this. Make no mistake about it, speaking for myself I would pay 200 or 300 dollars for a good game like this so the keep that in mind. Listen to us please. Go to the tracks and watch the races. YouTube flips and wrecks and learn about the sport so you understand how far off game developers have been on this. Game companies have mastered other sport and racing games but are light years away in dirt track racing. See you soon.

^^^^. Well said!