Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pardon the Interruption- EB poster
Now I don’t claim to know anything about merchandising or if there is any governing policy surrounding what you can or cannot do… but surely companies cannot publish information like this to induce money from the public when they have no formal release date communicated via the publisher. It clearly states available 27th August. Unless I missed the release date being published on facebook page or something? Is this a poster generated by EB or by Tru Blu?

Delete the thread if you dont want on here please 'admin' Im not sure of the rules?

Edit sorry the pic cant be loaded - I am not sure how to do it as it is not URL but sent to my iphone via a VIBER from a mate - If anyone knows how to upload from iphone please advise how to upload and I will?
Big Ant please please please make Rugby Challenge. That's where the money is baby. Aim for release pre World Cup 2019.
If you have the pic on your phone, go to; new reply below this thread and then you will see a box to type in and some emojis on the left.

From here at the bottom there is a section which says attachment..i think. Then just press choose file to add attachment and choose your image. Then to the right it will say add attachment then press insert into post and it will be in your reply.

Hope that made sense.
I am not stating anything about the release date... however:

Australia has a legal system that includes actual damages and the "reasonable persons" test.

How much damage has been suffered? (You can always get your $ back)

Would a "reasonable person" believe that this was a date that could be relied upon or should have been relied upon given the history of release dates in the video games industry.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(07-24-2015, 07:20 PM)Grizzly Yeti Wrote: If you have the pic on your phone, go to; new reply below this thread and then you will see a box to type in and some emojis on the left.

From here at the bottom there is a section which says attachment..i think. Then just press add attachment and choose your image. Then to the right it will say put attachment into post and it will be in your reply.

Hope that made sense.

Yes thanks here it is...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Big Ant please please please make Rugby Challenge. That's where the money is baby. Aim for release pre World Cup 2019.
(07-24-2015, 07:20 PM)Ross Wrote: I am not stating anything about the release date... however:

Australia has a legal system that includes actual damages and the "reasonable persons" test.

Would a "reasonable person" believe that this was a date that could be relied upon or should have been relied upon given the history of release dates in the video games industry.

I'd say the person on the street would say yes

You could also argue no though
Yeah that's a weird one. Their not lying however they aren't telling the truth either. Id say it's a placeholder date based on an estimate and a half confirmed date being late August to early September.
We also live in an Australia where tv channels can claim anything and everything to be "Australia's Favourite" and Johnny Farnham have have annual Farewell Tours.

Also... people don't care if you bought a Jeep... and generally "He bought a Jeep" is closely followed by "What a ######".

But yes... what Ross said. Big Grin
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(07-24-2015, 07:20 PM)Ross Wrote: I am not stating anything about the release date... however:

These are all logical answers for people who are game freaks and understand the industry but how about the average Joe/Jane who just sees the poster and purchases the game pre-order for a family member etc?

I would have thought a retail chain would only publish such information only when they have been given something firm by the publisher. If the date is pushed back by the publisher then that is fine but for a retailer just to blatantly advertise an 'available from' date seems a little sinister….. if advertising something so important…. which it is.
Good point man. They also have 10 of September in other stores as we'll. I see where your coming from
If a sign at a video game store/dvd store says available 27 August, I'd expect it 27th August. That's why they have phrases such as Coming Soon etc.