Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NRL vs Super League
(07-15-2015, 08:24 AM)SOR Wrote: Whats the major difference between NRL and SUper Legue in terms of style?

In terms of what I've noticed, there's a far bigger focus on dive drives and kick, set completion, lower errors etched in the NRL, this also leads imo to players taking less chances of offloads etc than we see in SL. I also dislike the amount of Wrestle and crap that goes on in the rucks, which I blame Michael Maguire for really pushing into SL.

So yeah, SL is more expansive in my opinion, if you want an example try and find the Try Leeds got Dissallowed for a dubious obstruction against Wigan last week, and the build up as well, I'm sure it'll be online somewhere.
Imagine chrissy samdow in the super league he would absolutely carve up
(07-15-2015, 08:34 AM)Yuna Wrote: To me the defence seems to be more soft, thats why there alot more tries in Super League and more entertaining among the fans. Then the SL fans gets a huge disappointment when it comes to Aus vs Eng because they get thrashed and Eng never score tries like they do in SL

I wouldn't say the defence is more soft, just not as well drilled or structured.

As for England, well, I struggle to find that much interest. I don't really like an awful lot of the players and disagree with most of McBanana's selections and really don't think he is a good coach. How he got the international job I have no idea; all he ever did previously was coach Bradford out of the playoffs.

(07-15-2015, 08:58 AM)napa Wrote: Imagine chrissy samdow in the super league he would absolutely carve up

Looks like we'll find out next year. He is Warrington bound apparently. Seems possible since they've lost Myler to Catalan.
(07-15-2015, 08:58 AM)napa Wrote: Imagine chrissy samdow in the super league he would absolutely carve up

If Pearce played SL, the fans will class him as the next Immortal
The top line super league teams noway could they hack it with the top line teams in nrl. Sl only play the nrl teams
In pre season if say wigan or st helens came to aussie now to play broncos or roosters they would get a spanking! I watch a few super league games a month but i cant stand it i cant watch a full 80mins the quality is so down its not funnny some of the nsw cup teams
Would roll the s.l teams there online defence is so soft cant belive
Some of the trys they let in.
OK Dylan, get yourself to school pal.
(07-15-2015, 09:15 AM)dylz67 Wrote: The top line super league teams noway could they hack it with the top line teams in nrl. Sl only play the nrl teams
In pre season if say wigan or st helens came to aussie now to play broncos or roosters they would get a spanking! I watch a few super league games a month but i cant stand it i cant watch a full 80mins the quality is so down its not funnny some of the nsw cup teams
Would roll the s.l teams there online defence is so soft cant belive
Some of the trys they let in.

I somehow doubt that NSW Cup teams would roll SL teams. There are very few NSW Cup players who are good enough for SL and most of the British players who are actually doing quite well in the NSW/QLD Cups aren't good enough for SL and come from the Championship and occasionally an amateur background.

As for poor defence, well I can't disagree, but it can make for a lot more entertaining game.
While Souths vs St Helens was a massive blow out...

Warrington Wolves 12 - 18 St George Illawarra Dragons
Wigan Warriors 12 - 14 Brisbane Broncos

Both competitions have their own style of play and I think with more exposure that SL would adapt to the NRL style. I don't see a massive gap between the two.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
You look at players that go to s.l and are washed up and shit in nrl (nsw cup prety mch) go to sl and are huge hits over there its crack up. Id back a few nsw to beat a few bottom placed sl teams. And how does soft under 20 like defence make it entertaining lol

And yeah ruck but nrl were still in pre season lol
(07-15-2015, 09:29 AM)dylz67 Wrote: You look at players that go to s.l and are washed up and shit in nrl (nsw cup prety mch) go to sl and are huge hits over there its crack up.

Name me 3.

(07-15-2015, 09:29 AM)dylz67 Wrote: Id back a few nsw to beat a few bottom placed sl teams.

Who would beat who?

(07-15-2015, 09:29 AM)dylz67 Wrote: And how does soft under 20 like defence make it entertaining lol

Ah gee, I dunno, more tries maybe? More breaks? More support play? More finishing?