Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NRL vs Super League
I've been wanting to post this for a while, but never got around to it until now. The NRL is obviously massively superior in every aspect of the game. The gulf between the two competitions is only getting bigger. How will this affect gameplay?

I see two choices:

1. Keep the class difference the same. This will keep the game closer to real-life.

2. Give the Super League a buff. This may be better for gameplay, but it's obviously not true to real-life.

This will make events like Internationals and the WWC more of a challenge. With me being English, I'm completely torn. I don't want the English League to look as poor as it actually is in comparison to the NRL, but I also want that challenge in Be-A-Pro were going to the NRL feels like you've stepped-up your game and made a great achievement.
(07-15-2015, 03:28 AM)RhysC97 Wrote: I've been wanting to post this for a while, but never got around to it until now. The NRL is obviously massively superior in every aspect of the game. The gulf between the two competitions is only getting bigger. How will this affect gameplay?

I see two choices:

1. Keep the class difference the same. This will keep the game closer to real-life.

2. Give the Super League a buff. This may be better for gameplay, but it's obviously not true to real-life.

This will make events like Internationals and the WWC more of a challenge. With me being English, I'm completely torn. I don't want the English League to look as poor as it actually is in comparison to the NRL, but I also want that challenge in Be-A-Pro were going to the NRL feels like you've stepped-up your game and made a great achievement.

Start in England and then move to Australia (if possible )
(07-15-2015, 03:28 AM)RhysC97 Wrote: I've been wanting to post this for a while, but never got around to it until now. The NRL is obviously massively superior in every aspect of the game. The gulf between the two competitions is only getting bigger. How will this affect gameplay?

I see two choices:

I'm hoping that aswell. Realism is a big one for me and makes the game so much more enjoyable
Keep the gulf the same. When you're playing a franchise/career then most of the time you'll be playing league games anyway, so as long as the league is relatively competitive then it doesn't really matter what it is like compared to others.

I'd always prefer to watch a competitive amateur game than a 50-0 thrashing in a Super League or NRL game.
In reality then you get 3 tiers. The NRL, then Leeds, Saints Wigan and Warrington (who could mix it with the NRL over the course of a season, and at least in Leeds case did regularly on one off occasions, even if taking into account mitigating factors) and then lower super league teams who get thumped every week.

Commenting on the problem as a whole, I think we are now producing more individuals of a standard which can compete for the Aussies. Guys like Hardaker, Watkins, Hall, Hill, Roby and eventually Bateman ward etc are all good enough. Although I would argue if this is really progress, as I believe the likes of Leeds golden generation (plus peacock) and guys like O'loughlin etc would have all made the grade.

The biggest improvement is the quality of player we have developed in the 3/4. Aside from Senior there was never any really quality over the last decade until recently. And we were bloody tiny in comparison. A back line of Calderwood, Lee Smith Paul Sykes and Gareth Raynor anyone...no, thought not.

By far the biggest issue though is that these top players and teams don't get to play against the same level of high intensity opposition.

I will be quick to add, with no hint of Bias, that having recently purchased premier sports and started watching NRL regularly, the English style of playing the game is far more entertaining. Smile
I'd like to see a considerable gap but I do thing the top stars of the Super League should easily slip into the NRL without too many problems.

The gap isn't that huge. Remember earlier in the year for the WCC both the Dragons and Broncos (Who are top 4 teams this year) lost to Super League sides.
The gap between the top of Super League and the top of the NRL isn't that big, but in terms of depth (individuals and teams) there is a definitely a big gulf.
(07-15-2015, 08:18 AM)benrhino Wrote: In reality then you get 3 tiers. The NRL, then Leeds, Saints Wigan and Warrington (who could mix it with the NRL over the course of a season, and at least in Leeds case did regularly on one off occasions, even if taking into account mitigating factors) and then lower super league teams who get thumped every week.

Commenting on the problem as a whole, I think we are now producing more individuals of a standard which can compete for the Aussies. Guys like Hardaker, Watkins, Hall, Hill, Roby and eventually Bateman ward etc are all good enough. Although I would argue if this is really progress, as I believe the likes of Leeds golden generation (plus peacock) and guys like O'loughlin etc would have all made the grade.

The biggest improvement is the quality of player we have developed in the 3/4. Aside from Senior there was never any really quality over the last decade until recently. And we were bloody tiny in comparison. A back line of Calderwood, Lee Smith Paul Sykes and Gareth Raynor anyone...no, thought not.

By far the biggest issue though is that these top players and teams don't get to play against the same level of high intensity opposition.

I will be quick to add, with no hint of Bias, that having recently purchased premier sports and started watching NRL regularly, the English style of playing the game is far more entertaining. Smile

Obviously haven't watched enough NZ Warriors games Wink
Whats the major difference between NRL and SUper Legue in terms of style?
To me the defence seems to be more soft, thats why there alot more tries in Super League and more entertaining among the fans. Then the SL fans gets a huge disappointment when it comes to Aus vs Eng because they get thrashed and Eng never score tries like they do in SL