Poll: Would you like to see Warren Smith and Greg Alexander be the commentators in a Rugby League game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
66.67%
22 66.67%
No
33.33%
11 33.33%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Fox Sports Commentators for a future game?
My issue with Gus is his inability not to debate every call he thinks is wrong and go on and on about it after play has moved on, I my opinion he and a few others have a lot to answer for in regards to how refs are perceived in our game. Anyway would love to see sterlo as I have always found him to be easy to the ear, intelligent and usually unbiased.
Sterlo would be amazing, but I doubt he would do it. And if we are going with realism, Sterlo and Vossy aren't commentary partners either. I for one, want a commentary team that actually calls NRL together
NSW will actually win in 2014, right?
Doesn't make sense to get rid of Voss. They have so much commentary already recorded with him and Ross says Voss is great at his job and can do all the recordings really well.

Maybe a secondary commentator but I think Gould is the biggest secondary commentator to appeal to the masses.
In this regard realism is relative.

Someone who watches Nine will have one definition, someone who watches Pay will have another. Neither of them will be the same as someone from England (with the odd exception).

Unless Fox or Nine (or whoever hosts the Super League in England.. BBC?) come on board and want to be part of the game / presentation, I'd say just go with Voss and get someone that compliments his calling style.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
I say keep Vossy since he is part of fax anyways but I wouldn't mind someone like Greg Alexander, Mak gasnier or even Joel Cain as the seconday commentator but I think there should be a sideline one as well maybe even Yvone Sampson.
I'd be all for some talent from the UK for sure.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(07-09-2015, 05:23 PM)Ross Wrote: I'd be all for some talent from the UK for sure.

Or even pick your own commentary team (Aussie/UK/French....) but that would take $$$$$
(07-09-2015, 05:23 PM)Ross Wrote: I'd be all for some talent from the UK for sure.

I thought your friends from the ABC weren't too bad in DBC, do you think they'd come back for any future bigant games?

Don't you have some UK talent in the Studio? Or possibly some relatives?

It's definitely something to look into for RLL4... Some might argue this but Stevo and Eddie really bring something to the Super League games in my (Australian) opinion. Smile
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
When you find some UK talent, let us know Big Grin

Sky Sports do the Super League and they have Eddie and Stevo who are terrible. If you choose anyone then I'd probably choose Dave Woods/The other Sky Commentator who's name I forget (BBC) with Barrie McDermott, Terry O'Connor or Brian Carney.