Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Articles on Submission/Approval for Sony & Microsoft
http://www.wired.com/2013/04/sony-indies/

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/18927...to_PS4.php

For those interested in the aspects and processes of submission and approvals may find this a good read.

From the look of it Microsoft appear to be a publishers proverbial pain in the behind whereas Sony are actively looking to make game creation a simpler process with a very efficient streamlined service.

Possibly when "delays" are mentioned on the forums could well be the painstaking Microsoft metaphorical brick wall holding up progress. Just a thought....

Interested in seeing Ross's take on this and if possible his own experience with these console manufacturers (past or current) Smile

Anyway this may or may not incite any kind of epiphany in the mindset of forumers but at the very least it's a little bit of education for those unaware.
Interesting. So Jas, in your professional opinion, how long till we get to play the game?
hi it could be that microsoft takes care what games they put on there console
(07-08-2015, 08:54 AM)Yuna Wrote: Interesting. So Jas, in your professional opinion, how long till we get to play the game?

ha ha...don't know about professional opinion but to hazard a guess I would say 4-6 weeks after Trailer is released Wink
lol why 4 - 6 weeks? RLL2 was released 2.5 weeks after the Trailer was released Big Grin
(07-08-2015, 09:08 AM)teddysimpson Wrote: hi it could be that microsoft takes care what games they put on there console

True. However I think Sony would adopt a similar mindset without the rigidity that Microsoft has been portrayed to display in the articles.

Sony has won the console war for the latest consoles by far so it's an obvious "winning formula" for Sony to orientate their business model in such a way....

However I am a fan of some Microsoft games so my view is not completely biased. I just don't understand the logic in making something difficult for the sake of making something difficult when a winning formula contrary to this has been identified to work.
What trailer?
(07-08-2015, 09:19 AM)Yuna Wrote: lol why 4 - 6 weeks? RLL2 was released 2.5 weeks after the Trailer was released Big Grin

(07-08-2015, 09:24 AM)Mav_78 Wrote: What trailer?

I was asked for an opinion and that is it.....Interesting Mav78 you elude to the absence of a trailer!? This also concerns me due to the answer that Sebastian gave in the Q&A when given the opportunity to answer what fans can expect in regards to marketing for the game...what was inferred was that a good product be made and word of mouth take care of the rest??
The game will be released by the end of this year. At most that's 5 months.

Everyone just needs to chillax.
^^wtf no it didn't. The trailer was released in September

Happy for you to prove me wrong tho.