Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How long has the game been in development?
(07-07-2015, 05:03 PM)ak47 Wrote: passion > time

u can give someone all the time in the world and if they don't have the passion the end result will be sh*t

That's true. Good example is Sylvester Stallone who wrote Rocky in a week or two in a train station because he was passionate about the story and having success.

Now look at him. Millionaire.
(07-07-2015, 05:14 PM)roostersule2 Wrote: Development time does not always equate to how good or bad the game will be.

Well at least that's what Pearce told me.

Again with Pearce what a legend
2 years development might not be a long time compared to other games, but it is fairly long for sports games.

Plus don't forget that Big Ant have their previous rugby league titles as a basis to work from.

Oh and of course all of the sensible, helpful and useful information that we provide here on these forums Wink
To be fair though with games like FIFA or Madden you get a few changes, an updated roster and that's really it. Don't know how big of a job that is but with the new Rugby League game you're getting new game modes, new franchise features, improved gameplay and a lot of other goodies.

I'm a big Football Manager fan and it's the only game I buy every year without fail. This year they had the first big update in awhile but the difference between 2013 and 2014 was minimal. I think it was a few graphics updates and some additions to press conferences. That's why they can knock them out in a year.
Don't get me wrong I know that FIFA 14-->15 isn't a big of a step as RLL2-->RLL3 will be, but like has already been mentioned, BA have a passionate team so I think 2 years dev + passion + previous experience should = a great game Big Grin
Yeah, that's my point. I'd rather have 2-3 years between games where Big Ant can make a really solid contribution to the series rather then one every year where they just make minor updates.
I think that all depends on how good RLL3 is. If it needs barely any improvements then I'd be happy with minor updates and a new game every year Big Grin