Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Screenies comment thread
I copied it and removed it, like you said, PM's are the way to go to solve issues.

Got a few people on the Multi watch-list. Smile
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
Who needs multiple accounts anyway? Nobody is going to yell at you for having an opinion, halfback02
btw why is the forum so concerned about dupe accounts?

and its pretty easy if someone desperately want dupe accounts and can't be caught

Use VPN or use your mobile data instead of your home wifi Big Grin
I just think it's creepy personally. Put your name to an opinion and own it rather then hiding behind an alternate account.

Ross and/or Ruck aren't going to ban you if you say something negative. As a matter of fact this forum is incredibly relaxed with the rules which is great because it allows conversation to flow.
Ross wont let me have a Hammer for too long.. he knows I have a Thor-Complex. Smile It's all about Moderating in Moderation.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(07-06-2015, 12:04 AM)SOR Wrote: I just think it's creepy personally. Put your name to an opinion and own it rather then hiding behind an alternate account.

Ross and/or Ruck aren't going to ban you if you say something negative. As a matter of fact this forum is incredibly relaxed with the rules which is great because it allows conversation to flow.

If anything I have been too lax for too long.

I do laugh very loudly at the multiple accounts that back "each others" opinion or stick up for "each other".

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
LOL.. I don't think I've seen many of them but I do like the ones that rep themselves.
(07-05-2015, 11:57 PM)Yuna Wrote: btw why is the forum so concerned about dupe accounts?

and its pretty easy if someone desperately want dupe accounts and can't be caught

Use VPN or use your mobile data instead of your home wifi Big Grin

People forget which account is on which carrier and the phone often keeps the same addresses on lease to save DHCP traffic Smile

(07-06-2015, 12:19 AM)Ross Wrote: People forget which account is on which carrier and the phone often keeps the same addresses on lease to save DHCP traffic Smile

nah lies

If I login using Wifi with XXX, then logout and turn wifi off, use mobile data and login with YYY. Surely both will have different IP's logins will show different IP's

Or

I use wifi on my pc with xxxx

and mobile data on my phone with yyy

Both logins will show completely different IP
(07-06-2015, 12:26 AM)Yuna Wrote:
(07-06-2015, 12:19 AM)Ross Wrote: People forget which account is on which carrier and the phone often keeps the same addresses on lease to save DHCP traffic Smile

nah lies

If I login using Wifi with XXX, then logout and turn wifi off, use mobile data and login with YYY. Surely both will have different IP's logins will show different IP's

Or

I use wifi on my pc with xxxx

and mobile data on my phone with yyy

Both logins will show completely different IP

If the wireless is on ADSL or Cable then there will likely be a lease time for the IP with the provider regardless of power down. I've had the same IP for years without having to pay for a static.

This is less the case for mobile as it depends on whether you are roaming across base stations and a power down will cause a switch.

Anyway, don't do it!