Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Screenies comment thread
What fans did for DBC in terms of player likenesses was unprecedented, basically every player got an extremely accurate likeness

I'm hoping that once the game is released fans do the same for RLL3.

Bigant has given us a much bigger base this time however
Yeah one of the first things I will do will be to go through and find the players that I don't like the look of see if anybody has a better version in the hub. In the screenshots we got tonight I think Will Chambers looks fantastic. As for Smiths beard, well even when he does shave it doesn't take to long for him to get a 5 o'clock shadow anyway
(07-04-2015, 12:25 AM)SOR Wrote: I've never really been one for likeness (Just don't care that much, if it's close I'm fine) but for those of you who are you must be quite happy. There seems to be a lot more life like faces for a lot more players this year. RLL2 it was just the star players whilst this time it seems to be a lot more.

It's a strange one for me, in rugby games it's never really bothered me as long as you can kind of tell who it is, though I try to make sure I don't end up with two players identical on the pitch.

FIFA on the other hand winds me up because there's really not much else for them to work on, and the difference between someone who has been scanned and someone who has not is really jarring.

RLL3 is certainly a step up, and through the fan hub we could get something akin to NBA 2K which I believe is all custom made (by their team obviously) rather than scanned.
(07-03-2015, 08:20 PM)BRAB Wrote:
(07-03-2015, 08:14 PM)FissionMailed Wrote: The faces look off because they're all smiling, everyone smiles differently and obviously that's impossible to implement into a game. Take another look at that backstage shot, the faces look great.

Problem is if it looks crap when they're all smiling why would they release those screenshots?

Nobody would notice stuff like that when the game is in motion and now some guy may end up avoiding the game because they think the player models are bad.

I'm buying it regardless, just frustrating after the previous screenshots were received so well.

Because Keith. Wink
More than half of the screens released have been 'cringey' lol
no big deal to me. i know the final product will blow me away Wink
(07-04-2015, 01:48 AM)benrhino Wrote: It's a strange one for me, in rugby games it's never really bothered me as long as you can kind of tell who it is, though I try to make sure I don't end up with two players identical on the pitch.

It's pretty much the same for me. As long as it isn't all Star Wars : Episode 2 then there is no hassles.

I like making all the players myself, but some of the work coming out of Big Ant has had me procrastinating like a mutha-fornicator (Capt America doesn't like bad language). That said, I'm not going to be like the Facebook Divas who spaz out because they think all the players look alike.

Don't like em... change em. Smile (Or if your mindset is "I didn't pay to make them myself"... well you also didn't pay for the photo-realistic capturing of the entire NRL and Super League or the effort that would go into making them fit the ingame players / game mechanics.. so just download the good work of someone else.)

End of the day... If I can tell the difference between Billy Slater and Adam Reynolds or David Klemmer and George Rose..... or DCE and George Rose... then I'm happy.

The FanHub brings diversity to a creators hands, bitches on FB be damned... I'm going to enjoy using it and playing the game. Still blown away by the attention to detail and the FanHub is only going to keep evolving (look at DBC to RLL3). Keep it up Big Ant!!!! Love your work. Smile

Wow, what happened... I blacked out... Did I rant? Oh please tell me I didn't go on a Rant...
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
I definitely care about likenesses and in world were we only do things for the love of it and money isn't a factor, I'd love all players to be scanned or atleast highly detailed and accurate but funnily enough I care little for likenesses in fifa or madden because I'm a casual fan of those sports so liknesses mean little too me..

The thing I love about bigants direction in this on is definitely the fanhub, in any sports game i play after playing with the standard modes I always want to go crazy with creating, players, teams, comps and bigant has created tools to facilitate that and my child self would be freaking out with the level creation possible with this one lol

I cannot believe how much ea sports has scaled back their creation options over the years it turns a 100hr game into a passing fancy I play of couple of seasons in, which is what they want i guess given they annualise everything
I have to agree with you there. The FanHub supplies us with a lot more customization and knowing that the other method doesn't work (due to tearing etc I think Ross said), I'm happy with what we've ended up with.

Fifa has a great game but it's a passing fancy as I don't care about Ronaldo McDonald or Mahroomisso Messi... I want to create my own team. I think 13 had the creation centre and I was interested in making my own custom team with custom players but then they decided that wasn't of interest.

Wrestling or NHL I like a greater degree of likeness as Wrestling is generally focused on two players and NHL is focused on smashing the face of the other player in a fight.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
Yeah I agree and would add ufc see to that, a sports game like that requires accurate liknesses and they did an amazing job, their gameface in it was cool but it still had nothing on the depth of BA creation tools
UFC... I was going to add that but didn't. That game (You SUCK WWE!!!) is all about bleeding your opponent and messing up their pretty (I'M TALKING TO YOU RHONDA) face. Smile

Oh, UFC definitely needs a decent player creator... makes giving family and friends a beat-down more enjoyable.
Yeah I've definitely spent time seeing exactly what kind of damage you can do haha