Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
State Of Origin 3 Discussion
(06-30-2015, 07:22 PM)theaxe1606 Wrote: I think Cronk being back is the nail in the coffin for NSW, and it pains me to say it. QLD is just a much more organised and fluent side with him playing, Thurston has plenty of flair but Cronk is by far the best at running a team in the world right now.

I assume you're a NSW supporter.

To put you at ease, consider the following my friend:

- In game 1 NSW were without Brett Morris and Paul Gallen who are two men a lot stronger than the men they're replacing (Daniel Tupou and Josh Jackson respectively). Despite Tupou and Jackson both having bad games and despite NSW basically going to sleep for 30 minutes in the second half Queensland only just managed to edge a victory with a field goal in the 74th minute. You know this but let me just point it out that Cooper Cronk was playing that game and despite having a solid game it wasn't quite the blow out that Queensland fans are expecting game 3 to be.

- Game 1 had us carry a couple of newbies in. David Klemmer and Josh Jackson both got to debut in that game and whilst not being bad they weren't particularly good either. Game 2 was the rise of Klemmer and I'm confident he is going to run right over the top of Queensland in game 3. Jackson? Not sold on him yet but after 2 games that have been average at best he'll be out to prove that he deserves it.

- Queensland's side is in shambles a little. Inglis isn't the best fullback that they have and honestly his last representative performance at fullback was bad. Dane Gagai is going to debut for Queensland and he is not a strong defender at all. He's also a rookie being thrown into a big game and nerves could indeed get the best of him. Despite all of Queensland's problems NSW only really has one big question mark which leads me to my final point

- The Robbie Farah factor. He's a strong player for NSW and we most definitely want him there. If he plays I think we win and we do well. If he doesn't play and we get Ennis (Who seems to be the rumored favourite) I think it's hard to rely on the hooker. Ennis hasn't played Origin in a few years now and he is getting up there in age whilst Hinchcliffe (The only other option) is a decent first grader at best. Without Farah we've got to do it with a solid club hooker at best.

---

So that's it. I'd take a lot of confidence into game 3 knowing Queensland beat a team with 2 rookies and a guy who shouldn't have been there (Tupou) by just a field goal with their full team.
Im guessing your a BLUES fan SOR
HOBBSTAR GAMING YouTube- http://tinyurl.com/HOBBSTARGAMING
HOBBSTAR GAMING NEW Website- hobbstar.wix.com/youtube
ROSS IS SO COOL! Smile
(06-30-2015, 08:46 PM)HOBBSTAR Wrote: Im guessing your a BLUES fan SOR

Since 2000.
so your only 15 years old
HOBBSTAR GAMING YouTube- http://tinyurl.com/HOBBSTARGAMING
HOBBSTAR GAMING NEW Website- hobbstar.wix.com/youtube
ROSS IS SO COOL! Smile
(06-30-2015, 08:55 PM)HOBBSTAR Wrote: so your only 15 years old

NSW people become supporters. Queenslanders are born to support their state

No. I became a fan of Rugby League in 2000. I didn't know what Origin was until 2000 and hadn't supported NSW (or anyone) before 2000.

Since 2000 I've watched almost every single game of Origin and have always supported NSW even through the years where the likes of way past it "veterans" such as Trent Barrett, Brett Kimorley and Anthony Minichello all wore the Blue jersey.

(06-30-2015, 08:58 PM)Titanic Wrote:

NSW people become supporters. Queenslanders are born to support their state

Queensland sucks.
I'm sorry but I don't care what state you're from, if you carry on about being a fan of rugby league since the day you were born and talk down to anyone who came to league later in life, you're a douche in my eyes and not worth the time. I only got into league in 97 when I was 13 but as soon as I knew about origin I supported the blues.
I think the only way around it is if you went to games as a baby/toddler and you have fond memories of watching it with your father or something.

Most people become fans of sporting teams and sports themselves at around 8-9 from what I've seen.
AFL and cricket at about 5.

League at about 11ish.

In terms of SOO, equation is pretty simple, if GI plays well, NSW lose.
As much as i dislike NSW, That David Klemmer is a beast of a player, throwback to the old school players. Great to watch, I just hope Papalii shuts him down! Our forwards need to step up. Playing at home just might do it.

QLD by 4 Tongue