Poll: What should the NRL do to in regards to stadiums.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Keep it as it is
36.36%
12 36.36%
Play all matches at a single NRL-purpose ground in Sydney
3.03%
1 3.03%
Play matches at suburban grounds
60.61%
20 60.61%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Suburban Grounds
(07-01-2015, 12:36 PM)ak47 Wrote: MNF needs to stop, TV network dictating terms needs to stop, but thats another subject altogether than fires me upAngry

Monday is TV night for most families. Nobody is going out to dinner on a Monday or going to a bar or a club or whatever which means Monday is great for ratings as is Sunday and to a lesser extent Tuesday.

Now, crowd wise nobody is attending a Monday night game unless they live within 20 minutes of the stadium so I get your point there but Monday Night Football is likely a huge ratings winner.
(07-01-2015, 02:50 PM)yzinzo Wrote: I reckon that should they build an NRL purpose built stadium at sfs

They did.... its the SFS!!!
ANZ can be good at the right event with the right ticket. Eels v Bulldogs semi in 09 is still my favourite I been to. The place was just rocking that night. Manchester United v A-League all-stars was a top night with a jovial and partisan crowd. Origin back in 08 was a huge atmosphere too. Seen some quality full-house AFL games there and the 20/20 is always fun- maybe not so if you're a Thunder fan. Superb venue for concerts too with a mean sound. The place ain't too bad.... But I have seen plenty of very average round games where you just feel unbelievably disconnected from everything around you, but that happens at most Eels games lol I think we have lost our last 18 there on the bounce.

Save it for the big games indeed. Belmore looked absolutely stunning on Monday night. You could feel it through the TV and must've been awesome to be there amongst it. If it was at ANZ it would've been just another game and not so special. Suburban Kings.
#Thegreatestgameofall
ANZ is good for those big football exhibition games as well. For example, I'm sure Chelsea Vs Sydney FC and Sydney FC Vs Tottenham were great for the fans.

The problem is Sydney FC takes all those games there. Can you imagine how good the atmosphere would be if they went to say...Wollongong for a match against a lower EPL team? You'd pack the stadium and the atmosphere would be amazing.

Would like to see the NRL do a regional round like the A-League does. Warriors could take a game to regional NZ, Broncos could take on one of the Queensland sides in Mackay. Dragons go to Wollongong, Roosters in Gosford, maybe Newcastle do something at Coffs? Souths could probably take the game to Perth although Perth isn't regional...

I do like City Vs Country every year because it's always a small regional city where everyone is passionate and excited for some Rugby League. Sure beats half empty stadiums.
(07-01-2015, 01:05 PM)TomFord6 Wrote:
(07-01-2015, 12:36 PM)ak47 Wrote: The 17,000 @ Belmore means more tickets, more beers, more chips and more merchandise sold. And they are going to get loads more people in 3 sundays v the sharks, because its sunday arvo.

And more Kebabs.

LOLOLOLOLOLO
Is Belmore in the game?
(07-06-2015, 03:41 PM)drewey Wrote: Is Belmore in the game?

Was thinking the same thing the other day??
Did you see the fans that were looking over the fence at Belmore! Don't have to pay from your house!
HOBBSTAR GAMING YouTube- http://tinyurl.com/HOBBSTARGAMING
HOBBSTAR GAMING NEW Website- hobbstar.wix.com/youtube
ROSS IS SO COOL! Smile