Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Rugby League Live 3 delay
(06-24-2015, 09:59 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(06-24-2015, 09:50 PM)Southlander Wrote: I hope it's not a case of after season release or anything

Well its a fact that TB have done this to every rugby league game

Rugby League 1 - Released December 9 2003
Rugby League 2 - Released December 9 2005
Rugby league 3 - Originally planned to be released at the end of 2009 but got delayed and got released on 18 March 2010

Rugby League live - Release September 2, 2010
Rugby League live 2 - Released 9th October 2012

You think TB has learnt its lesson and break the drought? WRONG and it looks like its happening again this time around.

Hey Yuna, I'm glad that you're super familiar with our history but I'd like to remind you that we aren't a big gaming company. The reason that most gaming companies are able to stick to schedules (I'm going to use skyrim as an example here) is that they are able to use a combination of reputation and available funds to push through the Certification // approval process. (Skyrim was released, but with several glitches and bugs that had to have been picked up by QA and were ignored to meet the deadline) Whereas TB isn't and we have to play by the rules. Which means that what is our realistic original time frames, can be easily pushed back if the approval process drags out.

The way you word it makes it sound like we're sitting on crates of discs, and are Choosing to release it late. Delays are almost always out of our control and we would definitely prefer to release earlier.

Following up from a few other posts.
As Ross says: Nothing new is being added to the game.
We are literally just pushing through the QA and submission processes in an attempt to have it ready for release ASAP.
All you have to do Keith is get off the crate and share some discs around, its not that hard is it?
(06-25-2015, 12:03 PM)jmac6 Wrote: All you have to do Keith is get off the crate and share some discs around, its not that hard is it?

If only it was that easy.
I gotta tell you though. Large square plastic containers are the comfiest damn things you could ever sit on.
No need to get defensive Keith. Yuna is stating facts.

What's the big deal?
(06-25-2015, 12:06 PM)Mav_78 Wrote: No need to get defensive Keith. Yuna is stating facts.

What's the big deal?

This isn't me being defensive. This is me providing the rest of the information so that people aren't making unfair assumptions about my employer.
You were the only person to introduce an assumption of sitting on crates doing nothing.

Yuna simply highlighted the timeframes of previous releases.

He isn't wrong.
(06-25-2015, 12:11 PM)Mav_78 Wrote: You were the only person to introduce an assumption of sitting on crates doing nothing.

Yuna simply highlighted the timeframes of previous releases.

He isn't wrong.

"that TB have done this"
"You think TB has learnt its lesson"
Implies it was entirely up to us.
It's not an assumption. That's Yuna's opinion.

I kinda agree. It is what it is I suppose but it's hard to argue with (some) Facebook posts when it is a repeat of what has happened in the past.

Can I ask why if you feel an estimated release period needs to be stated that you guys don't add some "fat" into the date. Ie say September and release in august?
Hey Keith,

With regards to QA and approval hold ups with this and past games I can see where Yuna is coming from. With the knowledge of it potentially getting delayed would it be wise not to mention a release timeline so everyone isn't so disgruntled?
(06-25-2015, 12:23 PM)Southlander Wrote: Hey Keith,

With regards to QA and approval hold ups with this and past games I can see where Yuna is coming from. With the knowledge of it potentially getting delayed would it be wise not to mention a release timeline so everyone isn't so disgruntled?

Well. There's a bunch of sides to this.
1. We mentioned Q2 and no one asked me about a release date until Q2 approached.
2. We entered Q2 and I was harassed daily about release dates.
3. Our policy had been to not release the 'estimate date' and I was harrassed about there being no release information
4. We apologized for the delay and we were criticized for it.

Tl;Dr doesn't matter what we do, people will complain. Either way the game will be released as something we can be proud of.