Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AFL Live 3 Twitter leak: Wicked Witch are the developers
(08-04-2015, 07:41 AM)theaxe1606 Wrote: It is my understanding they are using Sidhe's engine. Platform doesn't really matter as BA are still using their original engine from rll1. I hope WW can show the same progress and intent to improve as BA but I don't think RC3 will be a good gauge of that because we won't know what the tech was like when Sidhe finished with it and what additions/improvements WW have made themselves, If it plays considerably different then we will know they've put in a effort (good or bad). I'm happy to give them a free ride on graphics for this 1 as RC2 was a good looking game.

If AFL Live 3 is being released on next gen consoles then the engine being used by wicked witch will be the same engine as Sidhe's engine. They won't be able to use the previous engine from AFL Live 2 as it was just for that generation consoles. They also won't have another engine to specifically create AFL Live 3. It will be a waste of money for Wicked Witch.

If Big Ant used the same engine from rugby league live 1 to 3 (which doesn't really make sence as it's going to be on next gen - needs a stronger engine). Then comes down to time. Given wicked Witch's first AFL Live game on ps3 and xbox360 (think consoles in general) was AFL Live 2 they can build on it and make a better game. Now that they have taken Rugby Challenge 3 (and if using Sidhe's engine) they can try and do more with AFL Live 3 as their console engine is now Sidhe's engine. If your correct then it can be the only conclusion.

Let's see.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AFL Live 3 Twitter leak: Wicked Witch are the developers - by the_one_1 - 08-04-2015, 11:18 AM