Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AFL Live 3 Twitter leak: Wicked Witch are the developers
(06-23-2015, 02:29 PM)Ruck Wrote: I know what you mean and would fully support an unlicensed version, but that would be stepping on Tru Blu's toes IMO. Hopefully Big Ant will get another shot... and you never know, AFL Live 3 might have some surprises.... Smile

Is the surprise being that Big Ant are developing it and The Wicked Witch development photo was a set up for it all? Seriously, I think even Big Ant had their own published Cricket game along with their Tru Blu Cricket game, so it'd be interesting if they could do something similar. This is just my pipe dream I'm having, because I would like to progress through Football game history and have a better Footy game on top of AFL Live (which was the biggest step up to date). We went backwards to those terrible PS2 Footy games with AFL Live 2.
That's what I like about Football!
(06-23-2015, 02:06 PM)AFL Wrote: I'm pretty sure Ashes 13 and Don Bradman Cricket 14 were both competing Cricket games both developed in Australia, at the same time.

It was a competition in the same way the last Ashes series was :p

We knew that the other guys were not going to release anything good, or at all as it turned out.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
I found it strange that there was no wicked Witch logo on the cover anywhere on AFL Live 2 however on Bigant Developed IP's (ie; RLL,RLL2...) it does display the Bigant logo.....????
(06-23-2015, 05:13 PM)Jasche78 Wrote: I found it strange that there was no wicked Witch logo on the cover anywhere on AFL Live 2 however on Bigant Developed IP's (ie; RLL,RLL2...) it does display the Bigant logo.....????

They're banking on people thinking its from the same developer as AFL Live 1. They should have called it AFL 2 with association to The Wii version (Because it was a updated Wii port) and sort out a way to get Big Ant involved in a real sequel.
(06-23-2015, 05:13 PM)Jasche78 Wrote: I found it strange that there was no wicked Witch logo on the cover anywhere on AFL Live 2 however on Bigant Developed IP's (ie; RLL,RLL2...) it does display the Bigant logo.....????

That was absolutely done to hide the fact that WW made the game.

We received some extreme emails from people regarding the game, still get some every now and again.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(06-23-2015, 07:46 PM)Ross Wrote:

That was absolutely done to hide the fact that WW made the game.

We received some extreme emails from people regarding the game, still get some every now and again.

Would Tru Blu be in favour of adding a big sticker on each AFL Live 2 cover that reads, "NOT DEVELOPED by Big Ant Studios"?

Didn't they first say it was being developed by tru blu, hence the reason of no wicked witch software logo but a tru blu logo. They part lied I think, tru blu must of done one area of the design and wicked witch the rest. Don't know if they can do that, Ross can confirm. Now that wicked witch have taken over with AFL Live 2, let's hope building on it can make AFL Live 3 even better. I mean how about FIFA or PES they had their past work to develop upon and make it better. Let's see how they do with this next game before we judge the company.
Dissapointing tru blu continue to shoot themselves in the foot and not give the game to a developer that's absolutely knocking every other Australian niche sport out of the park at the moment.

As someone who's an AFL fan first, cricket and league fan second, it's very disappointing
It is very dissapointing but I think the problem is more that Big Ant really needed to be the development team that made AFL Live 2 in order to give them the reins to each new version. Because the 2nd game went elsewhere getting the game back was probably too hard..

Shame but hopefully Wicked Witch do something really good and research what fans want.

Hopefully Big Ant gets a chance at some point in the future to make a new AFL game.
(06-25-2015, 01:07 AM)Mootsy Wrote: It is very dissapointing but I think the problem is more that Big Ant really needed to be the development team that made AFL Live 2 in order to give them the reins to each new version. Because the 2nd game went elsewhere getting the game back was probably too hard..

Shame but hopefully Wicked Witch do something really good and research what fans want.

Hopefully Big Ant gets a chance at some point in the future to make a new AFL game.

I'm all for optimism, but in reality, doing good and researching for what the fans want is just not happening. They don't go on Bigfooty (only to defend their crappy Footy games) looking to please the fans, or to even make their own forum looking for advice to make a good Footy game. Face it, we're going backwards with these new games (like PS2 AFL game backward). Big Ant after 2 decades of mediocrity pulled us out from the terrible kick and goal Footy games we've been plagued with. I've given up hope for the short future, and I've been looking to hunt down a copy of AFL Live 1 for The PC rather than waiting for this "polished turd" as someone wisely coined it.