Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rugby World Cup Game/Rugby Challenge 3
And stadiums are part of graphical improvements too, probably just the world cup stadiums, not world wide stadia (as Ross would say).
Step 1... Download the RLL3 FanHub.
Step 2... Create all the Rugby Union players you want.
Step 3... Compromise (Profit?)

I'm not sure if it's a time constraint thing.. or an all the eggs in one basket type deal.. but Big Ant's Basket is a great Basket to put your eggs in... and Union and League would share a lot of resources (IMO and yes I acknowledge the different game mechanics involved).

Someone has to tell Tru Blu that Big Ant is Australian Sports when it comes to Consoles.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
The World Cup license does not include the individual Unions and players, "Official kits, players and jerseys from the most important teams in the rugby world" - I do not believe that to be a true statement but it is not for me to argue.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(07-20-2015, 07:15 PM)Ross Wrote: The World Cup license does not include the individual Unions and players, "Official kits, players and jerseys from the most important teams in the rugby world" - I do not believe that to be a true statement but it is not for me to argue.

I read that and thought the same. Based on the international ratings system, previous winners etc, and the teams that are likely not to be there, I would suggest that they're indulging in misleading promotion.

They might be thinking that they can get away with it by using a word that's a little subjective like "important".

(07-20-2015, 07:15 PM)Ross Wrote: The World Cup license does not include the individual Unions and players, "Official kits, players and jerseys from the most important teams in the rugby world" - I do not believe that to be a true statement but it is not for me to argue.

Agreed, what will be interesting to see is who is actually represented. They may have some luck with the NH teams, but I doubt they would have much luck with SH teams.

Just spotted this on another South African article
"It was revealed that the Springboks, All Blacks, and Wallabies will appear in another rugby game this year, Rugby Challenge 3, after the respective unions said they were in discussions with Home Entertainment Suppliers (HES), who distribute the Rugby Challenge series."

Not sure how trustworthy that is though.
(07-20-2015, 06:14 AM)Saulan Wrote: Well things just got a bit more interesting today. Screenshots of Rugby World Cup 2015 have been released and has been developed by HB studios with Big Ben again. This isn't all too exciting because of the flop which was Rugby 15. However, it does make this post on the Rugby Challenge 2 forums by maddyman more plausible (this being a response from SARU as to whether the Springboks will be in a RWC game):

"Hi David

SA Rugby is in the process of developing a licensed digital interactive gaming product with HES Interactive, which will include the Springbok and Springbok Sevens national teams as well as the respective Super Rugby franchises and regional (Currie Cup) teams. The game is due to be released in September. The South African rugby teams will therefore not feature in the 2015 Rugby World Cup video game.

Many thanks.

Regards"

So if this turns out to be true, we will be in the unfamiliar position of having two rugby games release in the same year... also we may have our first rugby game featuring sevens rugby.

Now THAT is interesting.

That would mean HES have the Springboks, Wallabies, All Blacks AND their affiliated Super Rugby sides given that the license deal for the last RC was for more than two years from memory.

If that's the case, it'd mean BigBen's RWC title would be missing three of the biggest Rugby powerhouses in the sport and the majority of the previous world cup winners.

I imagine they're going to run the angle that Europe is the biggest Rugby market, so their national teams are therefore "the most important." In an economic sense that's undoubtedly true, but in terms of pure power rankings not having the Southern Hemisphere powers would be like having a soccer world cup game without any licensed South American teams.
That would make sense except apparently they also don't have the rights to England either.

Bit like us claiming most the most important Cricket teams are in DBC, Ireland and Russia, being important because they are the ones we licensed Smile

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(07-23-2015, 05:11 PM)Ross Wrote: That would make sense except apparently they also don't have the rights to England either.

Bit like us claiming most the most important Cricket teams are in DBC, Ireland and Russia, being important because they are the ones we licensed Smile
lol really? They have a Rugby World Cup game without the rights to all the previous World Cup winners?

That's pretty stupid.

Bodes well for whoever is making Rugby Challenge 3 though.

Regarding your cricket comment - don't knock Ireland, they're a veritable Cricketing powerhouse these days - certainly have the wood on England in World Cups.
(07-23-2015, 05:22 PM)sanzar Wrote:
(07-23-2015, 05:11 PM)Ross Wrote: That would make sense except apparently they also don't have the rights to England either.

lol really? They have a Rugby World Cup game without the rights to all the previous World Cup winners?

That's pretty stupid.

Bodes well for whoever is making Rugby Challenge 3 though.

Regarding your cricket comment - don't knock Ireland, they're a veritable Cricketing powerhouse these days - certainly have the wood on England in World Cups.

More then that, does no one else think it would be a bit odd to create a Rugby World Cup game where the host nation isn't licensed?
Only just noticed this, but that email that TSC sent to the SARU had mention of the South African 7s side being licensed.

Given that RLL3 will have 9s, does that mean HES have a larger strategy of including the short form of both sports in their games? Good idea if so - always wondered why no dev ever tried it.