Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
State Of Origin 2 Discussion
gus actually said he should retire from rep footy and just focus on Cronulla. and sometimes depending on the match and other things etc. a gameplan isn't a good thing at all
Gallen is what NSW desperately needed in game 1. An experienced forward to grab the game by the throat and just dominate. Unfortunately we didn't have that.

I think this should be Gallen's last series but I think he can still perform this time.
(06-10-2015, 09:12 PM)SOR Wrote: Gallen is what NSW desperately needed in game 1. An experienced forward to grab the game by the throat and just dominate. Unfortunately we didn't have that.

I think this should be Gallen's last series but I think he can still perform this time.

When the game is in the balance (and this happened last year) gallen goes first receiver and just does a hitup when nsw is 10-20 out and he does this for 4 tackles and then we kick which results in nothing. We need to give the ball to the halves as much as possible when in that 10-20m out, which we did once we hodko scored and we won the series. Gallen doesn't win games smart footy does
If not Gallen who would you put at lock? Josh Jackson again? Fact of the matter is that Gallen is the best lock in NSW right now and played a strong game against the Roosters.

Next series perhaps we could look at slipping Greg Bird in for another series or two and just hope that Josh Jackson begins performing in the Origin arena.
Honestly i think we can do better without Gallen
I would have picked Merrin at Lock !
Gallen to Prop !
Tamou to the Impact Bench Player

If I Was NSW ! I Would Honestly Want Gallen !! Because He Is Stopping The Younger Forwards Gaining Game Time !! Gal's Minutes Should Be 50 ! That Way The Bench (Merrin,Klemmer,Jackson,Cordner) Get Reasonable Game Time !! Gallen Takes Up Too Many Minutes !! While Its Good To Have Someone Like That Club Level, Its Terrible To Know That The Next Generation Of NSW Forwards Haven't Being Given Enough Game Time Previously To Get The Job Done !! I Agree, Bird Should Have Been Lock !! But The Selection Of Hoffman & Scott Really Confuses Me !! Yes, Hoffman Is Reliable But Offers Nothing In Defence Or Atack Really !! I Don't Know Why NSW Like Farah So Much !! Ennis Is The Man To Get The Niggle Involved Especially Without Reynolds Now !!
I'm sill surprised Lewis hasn't been picked, he always grows another leg in origin and always looks dangerous.
(06-10-2015, 10:10 PM)NRLHalfback02 Wrote: I would have picked Merrin at Lock !
Gallen to Prop !
Tamou to the Impact Bench Player

If I Was NSW ! I Would Honestly Want Gallen !! Because He Is Stopping The Younger Forwards Gaining Game Time !! Gal's Minutes Should Be 50 ! That Way The Bench (Merrin,Klemmer,Jackson,Cordner) Get Reasonable Game Time !! Gallen Takes Up Too Many Minutes !! While Its Good To Have Someone Like That Club Level, Its Terrible To Know That The Next Generation Of NSW Forwards Haven't Being Given Enough Game Time Previously To Get The Job Done !! I Agree, Bird Should Have Been Lock !! But The Selection Of Hoffman & Scott Really Confuses Me !! Yes, Hoffman Is Reliable But Offers Nothing In Defence Or Atack Really !! I Don't Know Why NSW Like Farah So Much !! Ennis Is The Man To Get The Niggle Involved Especially Without Reynolds Now !!

Gallen had one good game at prop for NSW like 2 years ago. The dude is a good lock but in the prop department we have tons of better options. Woods, Tamou, Klemmer, Merrin are all in the side and are better. Out of the side we have Vaughan who was probably unlucky to miss out, we've got Fifita, Evans, James and a host of others. We don't need Gallen to fill that spot.

Your next generation of Blues forwards are being given a run right now. Aaron Woods has just turned 24 he has at least 6 years left in him. James Tamou is 26 and probably has 4-6 years left as well. Klemmer is only 21 I believe whilst Merrin is only young as well (25). Cordner and Jackson are both young as well.

Hoffman and Scott have been selected because they're our best second rowers. Hoffman offers plenty and was equal best player last series with Hayne. Scott is just an enforcer who will niggle and nail someone with a big hit.

As for your Ennis suggestion I'd only want Ennis to be considered if Farah was hurt. Farah is the best NSW hooker by far and deserves to be there.

(06-10-2015, 10:25 PM)Grizzly Yeti Wrote: I'm sill surprised Lewis hasn't been picked, he always grows another leg in origin and always looks dangerous.

Lewis should be in the squad because he's the best utility NSW has and would add experience to a bench that is lacking it. I'd have him take Jackson's spot and someone else to replace Cordner. Don't know what Daley see's in Jackson.
(06-10-2015, 10:25 PM)Grizzly Yeti Wrote: I'm sill surprised Lewis hasn't been picked, he always grows another leg in origin and always looks dangerous.

Agreed. He has a cool head and has been there and done that. Plus the bloke isn't going to win anything at the Sharks. Feel for the guy
How about them Blues?