Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
State Of Origin 2 Discussion
(06-18-2015, 10:37 PM)SOR Wrote: The Immortals is a dumb idea. It should be just a straight Hall Of Fame every year with the true legends (Guys who would be labelled "immortals" currently) being the headline player. It could be apart of Grand Final weekend and you could have a formal ceremony, a dinner and you could feature tons of NRL players. It could be like the Dally M Awards. Channel Nine would probably air it as well.

Charge the fans 150 dollars a ticket (To weed out the idiots) and give the money to the Men Of League or other charities.

Yep agree completely. Something similar to what the WWE does would be perfect.
(06-18-2015, 10:30 PM)HomerHatesYou Wrote: I really think the NRL need a hall of fame. I don't like the immortals. There are plenty of guys that deserve to be in the hall of fame but won't get the recognition they deserve because of the immortals. A guy like Hayne won't be an immortal but should definitely be in the hall of fame. And when I say he won't be an immortal it's just because he left before he reached that potential.

Hayne in a hall of fame? It takes more than just skill to get in there. Hall of Fame are for players that have offered alot to the game and for a considerate amount of time, not for players who bailed mid way through their careers to play a different sport.

Guys like Peter Sterling, Alfie Langer, Gordan Tallis, Brett Kenny etc These are hall of fame players.
(06-18-2015, 10:44 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(06-18-2015, 10:30 PM)HomerHatesYou Wrote: I really think the NRL need a hall of fame. I don't like the immortals. There are plenty of guys that deserve to be in the hall of fame but won't get the recognition they deserve because of the immortals. A guy like Hayne won't be an immortal but should definitely be in the hall of fame. And when I say he won't be an immortal it's just because he left before he reached that potential.

Hayne in a hall of fame? It takes more than just skill to get in there. Hall of Fame are for players that have offered alot to the game and for a considerate amount of time, not for players who bailed mid way through their careers to play a different sport.

Guys like Peter Sterling, Alfie Langer, Gordan Tallis, Brett Kenny etc These are hall of fame players.

I think a 2 time Dally M winner qualifies.
Well in that case Thurston is a definite immortal.
If Tallis makes it Hayne definitely does.

Gordon Tallis: 214 NRL matches, 20 matches for Queensland, 16 matches for Australia, Brisbane Broncos Hall of Fame

Jarryd Hayne: 176 NRL matches, 20 matches for New South Wales, 12 games for Australia, 3 games for PMXIII, 5 City games, 4 games for Fiji, 2 All Star appearances, 2 time Dally M Player Of The Year, 2006 rookie of the year.

Throw in the fact that Hayne is a role model and isn't dirty whilst Tallis was known for being a dirty player who loved to fight and grub it up. Tallis' contribution to the media are lackluster as well. Throws players under the bus, clear biasedness to Queensland and has a history of having heated discussions with players.

Hayne>Tallis as a player and as a public figure.
(06-18-2015, 10:52 PM)Grizzly Yeti Wrote: Well in that case Thurston is a definite immortal.

I would definitely have Thurston in there. As well as Cameron Smith and Billy Slater when they all retire
Yeah I didn't think Tallis was an immortal was he. Great player though.
Queenslanders might hate Tallis... but NSW doesn't hate Gallen. Smile
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
I don't get all the hate for Tallis. Why does everybody hate him? I've always liked him.
(06-18-2015, 11:21 PM)Ruck Wrote: Queenslanders might hate Tallis... but NSW doesn't hate Gallen. Smile

They should.