Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
State Of Origin 2 Discussion
(06-18-2015, 02:58 PM)Ruck Wrote: In other words Buderus was still of quality and was the first choice for the ANZAC Test.

He was because NSW were still the champions at that point in time. It was only til Origin 2006 series that Smith started to show his class.

Budurus was still the best hooker in the world in 2004 and 2005. Smith only made his Origin debut in Game 3 2003

(06-18-2015, 03:51 PM)CultofPersonality3 Wrote: Apples to oranges because they're different kind of hookers would be another topic we should talk about when Camdogz and Jacktigers are sent to bed by their parents.

I don't agree with that. If you can't compare hookers to hookers then you will never be able to compare any player lol
(06-18-2015, 03:52 PM)Yuna Wrote: Budurus was still the best hooker in the world in 2004 and 2005. Smith only made his Origin debut in Game 3 2003

I agree. However there was a time when Ben Barba was the best fullback in the world.

Smith throughout his career has shown and his legacy will prove that he has been a better player in the position that Buderus

(06-18-2015, 03:52 PM)Yuna Wrote: I don't agree with that. If you can't compare hookers to hookers then you will never be able to compare any player lol

Eh I don't know about that. It's hard to compare different styles. Like is Hazem El Masri as good as Daniel Tupou ?

Goalkicking, Defence and Reliability vs Freakish Athleticism, Speed and Agility.

Also kind of apples vs oranges. If you wanted to compare buderus a better comparison would be Farah, similar style.
Red lady apple vs green apple; Sound better? Angel
(06-18-2015, 04:21 PM)HKBrowny Wrote: Eh I don't know about that. It's hard to compare different styles. Like is Hazem El Masri as good as Daniel Tupou ?

Goalkicking, Defence and Reliability vs Freakish Athleticism, Speed and Agility.

Well that's an easy comparison, Tupou all the way.

There's a reason why El Masri only played 1 origin game in his entire career.

Here's another for you, El Masri vs Israel Falou. Who would you prefer and who's better?

Once again, two very differen't players but we all know whos the better one.
(06-18-2015, 04:33 PM)Yuna Wrote: Here's another for you, El Masri vs Israel Falou. Who would you prefer and who's better?

Once again, two very differen't players but we all know whos the better one.

I would actually be interested in seeing average points per game on that one, but I couldn't be bothered looking, I'm pretty sure I know what the answer is anyway.
[Image: SYWLAxC.png]
(06-18-2015, 04:33 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(06-18-2015, 04:21 PM)HKBrowny Wrote: Eh I don't know about that. It's hard to compare different styles. Like is Hazem El Masri as good as Daniel Tupou ?

Well that's an easy comparison, Tupou all the way.

There's a reason why El Masri only played 1 origin game in his entire career.

I'm not so sure. Daniel Tupou may never play another origin game again, we never know.

Plus Hazem scored 2418 points in his career, something tupou and no other player has ever achieved in their career. I don't think it's as clear cut as you think

Which is the issue comparing players from slightly different eras with very different styles

(06-18-2015, 04:39 PM)FissionMailed Wrote: I would actually be interested in seeing average points per game on that one, but I couldn't be bothered looking, I'm pretty sure I know what the answer is anyway.

Hazem has 7.65 avg points per game to Folau's 3.31
(06-18-2015, 04:39 PM)HKBrowny Wrote: I'm not so sure. Daniel Tupou may never play another origin game again, we never know.

Plus Hazem scored 2418 points in his career, something tupou and no other player has ever achieved in their career. I don't think it's as clear cut as you think

Which is the issue comparing players from slightly different eras with very different styles

If Hazem is as good as you think he was based on points, then why did he only play 1 Origin and 1 Test match in his entire career?
(06-18-2015, 04:45 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(06-18-2015, 04:39 PM)HKBrowny Wrote: I'm not so sure. Daniel Tupou may never play another origin game again, we never know.

If Hazem is as good as you think he was based on points, then why did he only play 1 Origin and 1 Test match in his entire career?

Hazem was a short winger, something that already puts him at a disadvantage

Also Australia prefer to pick Flashy outside backs. Hayne, Boyd, Inglis Folau

Hazem's strengths were his great defence, solid finishing, second to none goal kicking and great ability to read the play

In short, Australia didn't really need him. But it's like discrediting Nathan Meritt for being seldomly picked in origin, the man had a hell of a career. He scored the most tries in the NRL whilst being on the wooden spoon team

I'm not David Middleton but i'd say that has rarely happened and shows his individual ability
(06-18-2015, 04:50 PM)CultofPersonality3 Wrote: El Masri and Tupou truly is apples and oranges. Apples and apples would be Hazem El Masri and David Beckham because all they ever did was kick goals.

Hahahaha. In all seriousness though Hazem did score 150 tries, something only 10 players have ever done.
Apples and oranges are yummy
Oranges can go suck it , apples are we're it's at son.
[Image: SYWLAxC.png]