Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Expansion
(06-18-2015, 10:26 AM)benrhino Wrote: That's an interesting team Shaun, certainly looks like the mix you were after.

I don't know how the NRL does expansion normally. As they don't have a draft or expansion draft which the American model follows.

All those players the Titans had, were they out of contract the season before the team started up, or did they get to cherry pick players from other teams? I remember they signed Richie Mathers from Leeds (who unfortunately blew his knee out for the second time in two years after about 5 games) but can't remember if there was a fee involved or he was OCC.

I believe the Titans had 2 years to build their team and signed a few players a couple years in advance but basically their team was built in a year or two if I recall correctly.
The Titans bid to enter the NRL was accepted in mid-2005. They weren't entering the competition until 2007. They started recruiting right away and went after players whose contracts were expiring at the end of 2006. They signed players like Luke Bailey and Scott Prince a year and a half before they entered the competition.
Has anyone considered Krisnan Inu? Still think he should be in NRL. Titans should sign him and get rid of Brad Tighe
(06-20-2015, 07:32 PM)Titanic Wrote: Has anyone considered Krisnan Inu? Still think he should be in NRL. Titans should sign him and get rid of Brad Tighe

You never know.. he might come back after his stint at Catalans.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
Jennings arrested lol
Sack him from origin. :p
Well Daley dropped Pearce when he copped a feel of yellow dress chick so maybe.
(06-20-2015, 07:32 PM)Titanic Wrote: Has anyone considered Krisnan Inu? Still think he should be in NRL. Titans should sign him and get rid of Brad Tighe

Inu has just signed for the Catalan Dragons in Super League, not a bad shout though.
Inu scored on his Catalan debut today and looked and looked pretty sharp, albeit against Wakefield. That said Wakefield actually played better today than they have been doing.
Inu will be a stand out player for a year one of the best in the team...then drop form considerably after that and be player for feeders