Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Expansion
Ray Warren has been battling cancer since 2011.

He called the first game of this year wearing a catheter because he had just had his prostate removed.
Prostate cancer, if I remember correctly. I would love Voss to take over the rains with sterlo as his side man. You would have the footy brain and the Voss with his player knowledge and interesting voice work. I really hate Gould in the box these days, him and rabs arguing about nothing has got boring. I am way more into the fox commentary these days.
Its Ray 'Rabs' Warren. He should be respected and no one should question his work ethic. Anyone here commentate games at the SCG, on the sideline at a card table in terrential rain earning next to nothing? That man has earned the right to get players names wrong.
Ray Warren will always be the voice of Rugby league for me but like he even said last year, when he starts forgetting names and so on, it is time to hang up the Mic. It's his greatest fear being a babbling buffoon.
I use to hate that vossy commentated for the games but then I stared listening to him in actual matches and reliased he is a great commentator he can make any match awesome no matter how bad the teams are going (hard to explain that) and he is quite funny too
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
(06-10-2015, 09:44 AM)SOR Wrote: ^ Why not Souths?

Why not Roosters? One of the lowest supported teams in the NRL. Fudges crowd attendance, in fact their season ticket holders sit on the opposite side from the TV cameras so it looks like a crowd there but that's always half emptied. Plus the Roosters are #FOREVERINOURSHADOW...
Rabs has cancer?
(06-16-2015, 09:32 AM)Mav_78 Wrote: Rabs has cancer?

Yeah he has/had Prostate Cancer. He did have surgery for it if I recall correctly, so not sure of he's good now.
He was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2011 and had to have the the whole prostate removed earlier this year. He had a severe reaction to the morphine he was given after the surgery and took a long time to recover. By all rights he should have been resting in his sickbed during the first game of the season, but he said he'd never missed a season opener and wasn't going to miss this one. So he travelled to Brisbane and called the game with a catheter still in him.