Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
RLL3 DEMO FAN HUB PLAYER STATS/RATINGS NEED TO BE UPDATED
So just checked out the RLL3 demo fanhub where you can check out every team's roster and all the player stats. It's definitely worth a check out you can download it on Steam. Although I think they've done a fantastic job in terms of player rosters...
THere has got to be some massive changes when we're looking at scaling of positions and in particular the bizarre stats of some players in the NRL who are either wayyy over-rated in terms of stats or way under-rated:

Of particular note the Sea Eagles side: They have Stewart at 92, with Foran and DCE at 86/83 respectively... Lyon at 91 and Feleti Mateo at 92!?!? To put it in perspective JT is 95 and Inglis is 92. This needs to be corrected on current 2015 form Lyon and Stewart are low 80s at best, DCE and Foran are the only ones that should crack 90. Feleti Mateo is 70s at best...

Another glaring inaccuracy is Cooper Cronk at 83.... the best HB at 83 that's absurd... similarly S Johnson and M.Pearce are on 83 as well. Both Johnson and Cronk deserve to crack 90 for sure... They've also seemed to scale Hookers weirdly high with even mediocre Hookers receiving mid-to-high 80s (M.Rein is a 90 for gods sake), while HB arguably the most vital role, with some of the best players in the game are scaled at low 80s...

These are just some things that need to be fixed / scaled. Overall they've done well I think with teams like Panthers, Tigers, Cowboys and Eels with scaling and player ratings. Its just some glaring inconsistencies that really need to be addressed, I honestly don't think ANY NRL fan would ever consider Cronk, DCE, Johnson to be 83 while players like M.Rein, Feleti Mateo and Lyon are polling 90s. Its bizarre that this has even come about.
In terms of positional scaling I think its understandable that the on average higher ratings we should see would be in either the FB/HB or 5/8 roles.... but as far as I can tell the Hooker role is almost always a high 80 rating player. Most of the halves are given low 80s at best it just doesn't make sense. Even arguably the less desirable halves in the NRL like Sandow, Townsend etc should be mid-80s. Also each team should have atleast one 90, or high 80. Some teams are given a range of 90 players (like Manly) when they definitely shouldnt be
Just some thoughts, what does everyone else think? I think it is overall good work! But hopefully they update it asap
Wasnt player stats one of the final things they were going to correct before release? Thats what I heard from somewhere.
Just commented on your other post but as I said in that thread, it's worrying. Someone like Cooper Cronk should not be out rated by anyone except possibly Smith, Slater, Inglis and Thurston. This is the best halfback in the world and he's ranked similar to what Ty Williams was for the last game?

Realistically if I were to make a table it should probably look like this:

90-99: Huge stars that make international teams, origin etc regardless of form or anything else. Right now as of today it should only be Thurston, Cronk, Slater, Smith and Inglis

85-90: Your other rep players who are on the brink of further success. Some examples of people I'd want here include Shaun Johnson, Daly Cherry-Evans, Kieran Foran, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck etc

80-85: Most likely your representative forwards should be here. Nate Myles, Matthew Scott, JWH etc. Maybe you have a player who is new to representative games or is just finding their place here as well. Daniel Tupou should be here as should Johnston, Reynolds, Tony Williams, Josh Papalii, Mitchell Pearce, James Maloney etc

70-80: This is your big gap where basically every NRL player should be in unless they're brand new. Your guys who might occasionally make Origin should be closer to 80 whilst your bench players/reserves should be in the lower range. Most of the guys you see running around for your team should probably be around here. Occasionally we should see a Holden Cup player reach these lengths as well so we can sign them and build them up.

60-70: NSW Cup, QLD Cup, Holden Cup etc. Of course there are a few stand outs who should be higher but a majority of those second division players should be here.

50-60: Players who realistically have no shot without a miracle. This could be the third divisions of England, NSW and QLD Cup reserves etc etc.

---

I don't know how many would agree with me but in my opinion that's the most realistic way you could do the ratings.
yeah, worrying if the game had been released and/or there was no FunHub for updates....

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(05-24-2015, 07:49 PM)SOR Wrote: Just commented on your other post but as I said in that thread, it's worrying. Someone like Cooper Cronk should not be out rated by anyone except possibly Smith, Slater, Inglis and Thurston. This is the best halfback in the world and he's ranked similar to what Ty Williams was for the last game?

Realistically if I were to make a table it should probably look like this:

90-99: Huge stars that make international teams, origin etc regardless of form or anything else. Right now as of today it should only be Thurston, Cronk, Slater, Smith and Inglis

85-90: Your other rep players who are on the brink of further success. Some examples of people I'd want here include Shaun Johnson, Daly Cherry-Evans, Kieran Foran, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck etc

80-85: Most likely your representative forwards should be here. Nate Myles, Matthew Scott, JWH etc. Maybe you have a player who is new to representative games or is just finding their place here as well. Daniel Tupou should be here as should Johnston, Reynolds, Tony Williams, Josh Papalii, Mitchell Pearce, James Maloney etc

70-80: This is your big gap where basically every NRL player should be in unless they're brand new. Your guys who might occasionally make Origin should be closer to 80 whilst your bench players/reserves should be in the lower range. Most of the guys you see running around for your team should probably be around here. Occasionally we should see a Holden Cup player reach these lengths as well so we can sign them and build them up.

60-70: NSW Cup, QLD Cup, Holden Cup etc. Of course there are a few stand outs who should be higher but a majority of those second division players should be here.

50-60: Players who realistically have no shot without a miracle. This could be the third divisions of England, NSW and QLD Cup reserves etc etc.

---

I don't know how many would agree with me but in my opinion that's the most realistic way you could do the ratings.

This is pretty much how I see it. Just to expand I'd say super league regular players should sit between 70 and 85 (85 reserved for the likes of James Roby and Ryan hall.) championship and championship 1 players fall between 50 and 65 maybe a couple of those from relegated London and Bradford. Pushing 70.
(05-24-2015, 07:49 PM)SOR Wrote: Just commented on your other post but as I said in that thread, it's worrying.

SOR and others, please relax. Ross and co have previously mentioned (multiple times) that player stats will be the final modification before they publish the game Smile

I believe they have 6 or more game testers right now who will provide their judgements of fair player stats. I'm sure they will rate players reasonably well in the final product.
I could be wrong but are the player overalls based on the fraction of stats that are in the HUB at the moment?

All in all it's obviously being worked on and if you still don't like what the ratings end up being just go ahead and change them as you please
[Image: SYWLAxC.png]
(05-24-2015, 08:46 PM)FissionMailed Wrote: I could be wrong but are the player overalls based on the fraction of stats that are in the HUB at the moment?

No, its pretty random

Hodges is rated 90 and his stats are:

Speed 74
Strength 71
Technique 81
Footwork 60
Agility 80
Fitness 82
Strategy 91

So I dunno why his overall is 90. The only explanation is the fanhub has hidden the others stats like fend, kicking, offload etc etc
Has there been an update yet for the fan hub with tatts and sponsers if not I feel we will be getting an update in the coming weeks because in the origin screenshots they had tatts on which I think is Josh Dugan.
lol - they are not final but neither are they "random"....

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com