Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bench Positions?
Hey guys.

I was thinking and something hit me. Will our players in Be a Pro mode be able to be picked for the bench? I think it would be cool if it was the players first origin or something and they get picked for the bench. It could be like DBC as in you simulate to your career player and when someone gets injured, you get picked and your in.

I think it would add some fine detail to the whole Be a Pro thing.

Cheers.
I would hope so. I'd actually go as far as saying that if your player couldn't be selected for the bench it's probably not worth having the mode.

Realistically most players go through the following process:

U20's>NSW Cup>Bench Spot>Starting Spot

That should be how it happens in the game. Without being able to be on the bench the only positions I'd play would be 1-7 and that's it.
I hope the game will force you to play in a position where you don't want to when you first start off

For e.g.

If you're a Lock, they might force you to play in the 2nd row
If you're a fullback, they force you to play on the wing
etc etc

That will add to some realism for the game and the fact that all be a pro modes in other sports game have this feature.

It'll be freaken awesome if you got selected on the bench in origin and your half backs gets injured early so they slot you there hahaha
That is something that happens to a majority of backs. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is a great example of this. He played on the wing for us for 2 seasons despite wanting to play fullback. Johnston as well.
(05-18-2015, 08:09 PM)Yuna Wrote: I hope the game will force you to play in a position where you don't want to when you first start off

For e.g.

If you're a Lock, they might force you to play in the 2nd row
If you're a fullback, they force you to play on the wing
etc etc

That will add to some realism for the game and the fact that all be a pro modes in other sports game have this feature.

It'll be freaken awesome if you got selected on the bench in origin and your half backs gets injured early so they slot you there hahaha

This would be pretty awesome Smile it would add alot of realism to the game
I hope it's a good challenge to get into first grade but at the same time doesn't take an age
if its similar to NBA 2K then I'll be happy