Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.36 Average
AMA, I'm HES_Keith
(06-08-2015, 11:19 PM)benrhino Wrote:
(06-08-2015, 11:05 PM)Steeler Wrote: Oh, there are plenty of sandwich-hands in Australia with tertiary degrees. Usually a Bachelor of Arts.

I'd argue they knew what they were signing up for when they took a degree in the arts Smile

Yeah, this. Of course every degree is different but odds are you're going to find employment pretty soon after graduating as long as you're willing to move. Even know a guy who studied video game design and I believe he has a regular gig with an independent gaming company. Don't know how much he makes but he seems happy enough with what he learned.

I study media and at least 4-5 jobs pop up weekly in the specific area I want to work in. I have friends who studied engineering and they all found jobs very quickly after university.

Australia offers so much to the educated individuals. Military always looking to pay graduates good money to come aboard. Government loves hiring graduates and giving them cushy jobs with tons of perks.

In America unless you have a private practice it can be really rough to work as a psychologist/social worker but over here in Australia the government will hire those individuals and place them in drug rehab clinics or what have you. Australia really is pretty great in terms of jobs you've just got to be willing to move.

I do agree with Ben though. Subway people being labelled "Sandwich Artists" is stupid. I also love those bouncers/security guards who stand out the front of clubs who label themselves as "security officers". So desperate to be a cop. Real security officers in my opinion are those armed guards that guard government buildings not the guy guarding your local pharmacy because junkies like to rob you at night.
What elitist drivel SOR. This is a forum for talking about a rugby league game. Not one for bagging peoples occupations and grandiosity. You have no clue what your talking about. Finish your bachelor of arts- media, nail your job interview, hold your job for at least 3 yrs and then talk jazz. By the way you come off as a very arrogant individual with the above post in particular. Take a good look at yourself.
(06-09-2015, 05:20 AM)heartly Wrote: What elitist drivel SOR. This is a forum for talking about a rugby league game. Not one for bagging peoples occupations and grandiosity. You have no clue what your talking about. Finish your bachelor of arts- media, nail your job interview, hold your job for at least 3 yrs and then talk jazz. By the way you come off as a very arrogant individual with the above post in particular. Take a good look at yourself.

*Shakes head*

It's always me these people go up against. Don't take a shot at Ben who actually made the statement in the first place just take your shot at me.

Listen dude, first of all we're allowed to go off topic sometimes and the topic went in that direction. Completely allowed and if you actually read the thread I commented on something Mav said which put down people with further education. Mav and now you (since you're agreeing with him) are coming off as jealous and hostile towards people who dare go to University and acquire a further education. There is only one kind of person I see in this country who makes fun of people with further education and that's people who don't have one.

Secondly you claim I don't know what I'm talking about but whoops, you think people within media attend job interviews. Now if you knew everything or even did a little bit of research you'd know that most people working within media move around A LOT and aren't always in the area for a job interview therefore you send a resume, cover letter and a demonstration. For a writer that may be a recent news paper article you've written whilst a radio or tv presenter might send a file showing what they can do. You may do something quick on the phone but generally they know if they're employing you or not just by the tape.

Thirdly, I never "bagged" anyone for working. I'm pretty right wing and believe that everyone should have some kind of job unless they're disabled/studying/old. My argument was that a lot of people who graduate university or even TAFE move onto paid employment pretty quickly. That seemed to have gone over your head though since you seem to be upset for nothing. Let me state that I don't care if someone is serving food. A job is a job and a contribution to society is a great thing.

In closing you're using the "you're arrogant!!!" card which is ludicrous considering we're on the internet. I'm not an arrogant person. I'm straight to the point, I'm blunt and I don't really care if someone is offended although in this circumstance nobody SHOULD be unless they came up with the name "Sandwich Artist" for their employee. Do you happen to own a Subway franchise, sir?
(06-07-2015, 03:07 AM)Ross Wrote:
(06-06-2015, 09:07 PM)rickyisgod Wrote: Keith my boy, do you know anything about rugby league? You don't even know who the commentators are? Seriously? How did you even got a job at HES? If you were hired to do PR your not doing a good job Confused

(06-06-2015, 11:56 PM)rickyisgod Wrote: As I said. Not abuse at all it was a serious question. I have never seen a pr so out of the loop with the product he/she is selling.

It's not the question, you're entitled to that, it's the way it was asked and statements made, it was not reasonable.

Keith knows who the commentators are (obviously), as do I.

Keith is a tester of the game on a technical level, bugs, crashes, etc. this is his core employment and PR is not directly what he was employed for as he has made clear.

By his own admission Keith said he knows little of league. It is a matter of opinion as to whether that is a key requirement to be the face of the game for the publisher, which you are entitled to for sure, however regardless of your opinion on that matter I would hope you would agree that it is better to have a representative of the publisher here than not.

Before this gets out of hand, Yes I knew little about the technical aspects of Rugby League, when I was brought onto HES we were working on cricket (A game I'm more familiar with). I'm still learning new things everyday about the game, and the fact that I'm trying hard to stay ontop of the rules and follow through everything that comes up is why I still have a job.
Yes I didn't know who the commentators were. Yes I went and found out after the question was asked. No I couldn't release that information to the public.

Rep to the guys who backed me up on this one, as I'm trying to become the expert you all want me to be.
I've always wondered why tru blu are so against revealing specific details of the game before release

There's got to be some obvious reason I'm missing but I don't see any downsides to saying "yes there's a career mode and it involves X,Y,Z. Here's the controller scheme, blah, blah, blah"

I understand that Keith and Ross can't but I don't really understand why they can't.
(06-09-2015, 09:59 AM)BRAB Wrote: I've always wondered why tru blu are so against revealing specific details of the game before release

There's got to be some obvious reason I'm missing but I don't see any downsides to saying "yes there's a career mode and it involves X,Y,Z. Here's the controller scheme, blah, blah, blah"

I understand that Keith and Ross can't but I don't really understand why they can't.

Some of it is all legal protectiveness, some of it is due to keeping some Wow factor upon release, some of it is because the content hasn't been cleared for public release and therefore announcing it would be a breach of confidentiality (and I'd get fired).
I would assume that it's like a release date, as in if you give it out to the public and then it changes you get a lot of flak for it. Therefore you play your cards to your chest until the product is final.

Or they could just not be fans of spoilers. Smile

Either way, as long as we get a game at the end... all is good.

And what Keith said. Big Grin
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
To me the answer is simple.

Lets hypothetically say week by week Tru Blu releases something new. They tell us all the features, show us a hundred screen shots and we know everything within 3 months of the game being announced. Lets say we have all the information by say...April 2015 which is what a lot of people on this very forum lobby for.

Lets say June rolls around and Tru Blu has nothing left to show the audience. Why am I checking their site out every day? Why am I even going to bother watching the trailer? Am I excitedly going to tell my buddies "HEY MAN! CHECK OUT THIS TRAILER" or will it just be "Eh...I've already seen it"

With Tru Blu's current method they'll release a trailer that will wow the audience (hopefully) and make everyone go wild. They'll be sharing the trailer on Facebook, they'll be telling their friends, they'll be "liking" it on YouTube and they will get a lot of word of mouth hype. You then have people chomping at the bit for a release date (which usually features in the trailer) and a heavily hyped release date.
....and what happens if we disclose a mode/item/whatever which subsequently gets pulled from the game because it doesn't work/insn't fun/fails approval/etc.?

The backlash would be extreme.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(06-09-2015, 09:27 AM)HES_Keith Wrote: Before this gets out of hand, Yes I knew little about the technical aspects of Rugby League, when I was brought onto HES we were working on cricket (A game I'm more familiar with). I'm still learning new things everyday about the game, and the fact that I'm trying hard to stay ontop of the rules and follow through everything that comes up is why I still have a job.
Yes I didn't know who the commentators were. Yes I went and found out after the question was asked. No I couldn't release that information to the public.

Rep to the guys who backed me up on this one, as I'm trying to become the expert you all want me to be.

My point was we both know who the commentators are, neither of us can disclose them.

That was posted days ago, it didn't get out of hand Smile

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com