Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.36 Average
AMA, I'm HES_Keith
(06-25-2015, 06:34 PM)TomFord6 Wrote: Why? Give me a reason why you don't connect your console to the Internet? Fair enough if you don't have Internet access, but if you do... Why not use it? lol

Privacy... When connecting your console to the internet, you need to enter details to create psn or Xbox live accounts. Remember psn WAS hacked with credit card info, addresses, names all passed to the hackers. You don't know when it will happen again. Never trust people over the internet unless it's from someone you trust.
Sir, please stop crying.

I don't have internet on my console either but isn't there a way to put a patch on an xbox without the internet? I remember back in the day there were discussions about putting GTA IV mods on an xbox and it actually working.

Someone elaborate? Dr. Yuna?
(06-25-2015, 06:42 PM)SOR Wrote: Sir, please stop crying.

I don't have internet on my console either but isn't there a way to put a patch on an xbox without the internet? I remember back in the day there were discussions about putting GTA IV mods on an xbox and it actually working.

Someone elaborate? Dr. Yuna?

I don't have an xbox. Xbox sucks, had the first one, worst decision made.

Playstation <3
(06-25-2015, 06:17 PM)the_one_1 Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 05:34 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 05:30 PM)the_one_1 Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 05:22 PM)HOBBSTAR Wrote: Keith!, why cant you release RLL3 then give it updates if the game has bugs? So we can at least play the game!

How about the people who don't have internat connected to their console.

Thats a poor excuse by today's standards.

GTA 5 has a 7gb day 1 patch and everyone got by

WRONG!!!

People without internet can't download patches. End of story. Many people don't like the internet on video game consoles like me. Hence we don't connect it to the internet, meaning NO PATCHES OR DOWNLOADS!

Patches require internet connection to download they don't happen to all users even without internet.

So... WRONG!

There is no use releasing a buggy game and patch it up, companies need to also consider offline gamers also. Look at the uproar for a online only need for speed game coming this year it has no offline service.

(06-25-2015, 06:14 PM)Steeler Wrote: Sony and Microsoft are sick of companies releasing faulty games and then trying to fix them with first day patches. These days they are making it a lot more expensive to release patches than it used to be. They want the games to be fixed before release.

Also companies need to consider offline gamers who don't have access to download patches.

Get access to the internet chief or live with what you've got it's a reality of life much like we all want other things but don't expect others to cater for us

Despite this i agree with the sentiment that games shouldn't be released knowingly buggy, not that I think that's the case most of the time, the benefit today is we can have patches for issues rather than just living with them like we did with our n64s or whatever further to that games used to be alot smaller and simpler so naturally as games progress increased issues arise and we've seen the inception of patches, even my tv does software updates, Christ you can buy fridges that need updates

To add to other concerns a fake address and emailvwill get you patches, card details are for other services such as online play and purchases
Woah we have another console hitler.

You don't need to put your credit card in anyway, and if you do you just use a debit card.

I don't think you necessarily need to an Xbox live account or psn to get dlc and stuff....I think.
(06-25-2015, 06:17 PM)the_one_1 Wrote: WRONG!!!

People without internet can't download patches. End of story. Many people don't like the internet on video game consoles like me. Hence we don't connect it to the internet, meaning NO PATCHES OR DOWNLOADS!

Patches require internet connection to download they don't happen to all users even without internet.

So... WRONG!

Which makes you the minority

Like I said, GTA 5 sold 1million copies on the first day for PC and people got by downloading an extra 7gb.

I doubt bigant will lose sleep because they can't accommodate someone like you who just doesn't like going on the internet for whatever reasons.
(06-25-2015, 06:50 PM)roostersule2 Wrote: You need Internet to download a patch and if you don't for whatever reason then it's your own fault.

Also trying to start a console war is stupid.

It's not anyone's fault, it's just preference and wanting to be more secure. Not mudflat if in the end your credit card is hacked into or someone robs your house because someone has hacked something of yours
(06-25-2015, 06:52 PM)the_one_1 Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 06:50 PM)roostersule2 Wrote: You need Internet to download a patch and if you don't for whatever reason then it's your own fault.

Also trying to start a console war is stupid.

It's not anyone's falter, it's just preference and wanting to be more secure.

Exactly, so its not the game developers problem where people can't download their game patches.
(06-25-2015, 06:50 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 06:17 PM)the_one_1 Wrote: WRONG!!!

So... WRONG!

Which makes you the minority

Like I said, GTA 5 sold 1million copies on the first day for PC and people got by downloading an extra 7gb.

I doubt bigant will lose sleep because they can't accommodate someone like you who just doesn't like going on the internet for whatever reasons.

GTA ON PC!!!

Everyone has the internet on PC. Of cause the patch will be downloaded if on PC

Even me, how am I posting here
(06-25-2015, 06:34 PM)TomFord6 Wrote: Why? Give me a reason why you don't connect your console to the Internet? Fair enough if you don't have Internet access, but if you do... Why not use it? lol

For me it's a case of having to buy a certain piece of equipment that I don't particularly want/need.

Someone gave me a link on here but my 360 is too old for it to work. It's not a huge deal for me but if it did have the ability to use internet I'd access it.