Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.36 Average
AMA, I'm HES_Keith
(06-09-2015, 10:41 AM)Ross Wrote:
(06-09-2015, 09:27 AM)HES_Keith Wrote: Before this gets out of hand, Yes I knew little about the technical aspects of Rugby League, when I was brought onto HES we were working on cricket (A game I'm more familiar with). I'm still learning new things everyday about the game, and the fact that I'm trying hard to stay ontop of the rules and follow through everything that comes up is why I still have a job.
Yes I didn't know who the commentators were. Yes I went and found out after the question was asked. No I couldn't release that information to the public.

Rep to the guys who backed me up on this one, as I'm trying to become the expert you all want me to be.

My point was we both know who the commentators are, neither of us can disclose them.

That was posted days ago, it didn't get out of hand Smile

I didn't really get a chance to reply as it was over the weekend, just wanted to address what was said Smile

Also, I replied when I was reading through it, I hadn't caught up to date yet Tongue
I think that's what may have happened with Aliens: Colonial Marines.
They rushed a trailer online which seemed nothing like the game.
The fans expected the quality of the trailer and we were left with what felt like a knee in the balls.

FTR I'm an Alien franchise fanatic so I played through the whole game, more for nostalgic reasons. Haven't bothered to replay it.

I'd much rather go another month, two months, three months or more before we get given any form of media/promotion and have it be the best and most accurate it can than them rushing through to release things because people are getting impatient.

It always gets to me how fans demand content as if they are entitled to it. Fact of the matter is, we're not. We have no claim or authority to demand things. Yes, I get we are excited. Heck that's why we are registered users and post on a daily basis. It's fair to want things, but to keep on questioning 'why cant you release this' 'why cant you tell us the release date' etc.

Ross, Keith. At first, I was envious of you. I was jealous of you guys because you get to see much more of whats coming (I assume). You know what's happening behind closed doors. But now, I'm not envious of you anymore. If anything, I would hate to be in your shoes with the constant flack, demands and wants of people who really, at the end of the day, don't have a right to be so demanding. Passionate yes but my god!!
(06-09-2015, 10:49 AM)Shaun Wrote: I think that's what may have happened with Aliens: Colonial Marines.
The fans expected the quality of the trailer and we were left with what felt like a knee in the balls.

FTR I'm an Alien franchise fanatic so I played through the whole game, more for nostalgic reasons. Haven't bothered to replay it.

I'd much rather go another month, two months, three months or more before we get given any form of media/promotion and have it be the best and most accurate it can than them rushing through to release things because people are getting impatient.

It always gets to me how fans demand content as if they are entitled to it. Fact of the matter is, we're not. We have no claim or authority to demand things. Yes, I get we are excited. Heck that's why we are registered users and post on a daily basis. It's fair to want things, but to keep on questioning 'why cant you release this' 'why cant you tell us the release date' etc.

Ross, Keith. At first, I was envious of you. I was jealous of you guys because you get to see much more of whats coming (I assume). You know what's happening behind closed doors. But now, I'm not envious of you anymore. If anything, I would hate to be in your shoes with the constant flack, demands and wants of people who really, at the end of the day, don't have a right to be so demanding. Passionate yes but my god!!

I totally see what you mean with Aliens: Colonial marines, and I'm afraid that the new StarWars game will be the same :/ Nowadays a lot of big game companies are relying on the 'hype train' the sell a game, and product branding to carry a franchise.
We are dedicated to providing the best content, and ensuring the game is a standout rather then a disappointment. Hopefully we'll be able to prove this as we show more content towards release Smile
(06-09-2015, 10:49 AM)Shaun Wrote: I think that's what may have happened with Aliens: Colonial Marines.

FINALLY!!!! Someone who actually gets it. Best post I've ever read on here, apart from mine against Tomsz Wink.
Shaun hit the nail on the head. Some of the posters here (About 5 of you) should be really disappointed in yourselves with how demanding you all get. I don't personally mind the "Hey, can we see this?" questions but when people begin to get hostile it's just embarrassing to read.
Ruck - In response to your last thoughts. Why when they announced the game did they say Q2 2015 wouldn't they have been better saying coming mid-late 2015 or just 2015.

Keith - I'm just being a little smart don't take this the wrong way "Your from Newcastle" how can you not know Rugby League???? I'm from Cessnock so be kind in your response. and keep up the great work.

Ross - couldn't agree more that if you say the game has this and this and then when it comes out we are sitting there going well where is this. I am like most people in just wanting a screenshot a day and more details every day but what you said there makes perfect sense thank you
(06-09-2015, 11:23 AM)Rooster 17 Wrote: Ruck - In response to your last thoughts. Why when they announced the game did they say Q2 2015 wouldn't they have been better saying coming mid-late 2015 or just 2015.

Things change. Things get delayed all the time, video games, movies, collectibles. I wouldn't even class this as a delay since they said "We're looking at" which isn't even confirmation.
Couldn't agree more SOR. Just re-read tru blu website and it says coming in 2015.
(06-09-2015, 11:23 AM)Rooster 17 Wrote: Keith - I'm just being a little smart don't take this the wrong way "Your from Newcastle" how can you not know Rugby League???? I'm from Cessnock so be kind in your response. and keep up the great work.

My parents moved to Sydney (where I stayed) when I was like 3.
They were very nerdy and not really sports people, I've never lived in a home without a video game console, and that's how I ended up here Tongue
Thanks for the explanations people

If any of those snarky comments about people demanding things early were directed at me, I'd just like to clarify I wasn't having a go at Ross or Keith, just asking for the logic behind the decisions from those higher up at tru blu. (And obviously the higher up for bigant is right here)