Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.36 Average
AMA, I'm HES_Keith
(06-04-2015, 02:15 PM)HES_Keith Wrote:
(06-04-2015, 01:52 PM)mitty_97 Wrote: what are the post try celebrations like keith? (sorry if this has been answered I haven't had time to keep up to date with the thread)

There's a bunch of different ones, they're all pretty cool Smile

I love the sound of that!! Smile
(06-04-2015, 01:52 PM)mitty_97 Wrote: what are the post try celebrations like keith? (sorry if this has been answered I haven't had time to keep up to date with the thread)

Can't wait to see DCE doing a backflip

oh wait.....
Sup Keith, simple question here; Can we put black strapping tape on customised players?
(06-04-2015, 04:14 PM)TomFord6 Wrote: Sup Keith, simple question here; Can we put black strapping tape on customised players?

Tape: Yes.
Coloured tape: No idea.

You'll probably find out when the public FanHub is updated Smile
(06-04-2015, 04:11 PM)Yuna Wrote:

Can't wait to see DCE doing a backflip

oh wait.....

Quality #banter
(06-04-2015, 11:19 AM)Midnight Prowler Wrote:
(06-04-2015, 11:09 AM)Ruck Wrote: I'd say they were two rather different jobs IMO.... Like Alpha vs. Beta testing. We're talking about Game Testing, not IT testing. I'd view Game Testing as a form of functional testing.

Game testing and IT testing are the same thing, they both basically test the code of a software package against the design specifications/user requirements.

But it comes down to your terminology as well i guess.

Funcitonal testing for me is having the Design specs in front of me, and knowing if i do something, that the result will be (X) and if its not, you have a defect.

User Acceptance i guess is where i would put this kind of testing, which is more based around the Users experience while using the software.

But again it all comes down to your terminology which can vary from place to place.

Game companies usually have QA testers that check functionality and report any breakages found back to the developers, and that is basically what Keith is doing. Generally it is that, public testing environments, or a testing environment for random employees.

All Keith has to do is play the game and search for ways to break it. That's pretty much what all game testers have to do really.
I'm amazed at how much some of you know about the video game making process and I say that with zero sarcasm.

For me, basically all I know is that you have the producer (Which would be Big Ant for RLL3) and the distributor (Tru Blu). Of course I know you have the editors etc but I don't know specifically what their job entails.

You guys must study this stuff.
(06-04-2015, 11:02 PM)SOR Wrote: You guys must study this stuff.

Study/Google Big Grin
Google is the font of all knowledge even as a supposedly academic student I rely on it almost wholly.

A question for Keith or Ross, whoever is able to answer (if they are able to answer) loans and dual registration are two systems we have in England for mainly developing players are these something you've looked at trying to implement in both career and be a pro?
(06-03-2015, 03:24 PM)HES_Keith Wrote:
(06-03-2015, 03:08 PM)Yuna Wrote: Imagine having to game test the barbie games~~~~~~

I'm pretty sure A game that is horribly put together, and difficult to play through because of bugs would be worse.
E.g Skyrim had a glitch that prevented you from continuing onto the storyline because an NPC wouldn't talk to you, and you got locked outside. (this was unfixed in the final release)
Imagine having to test something just after that, and everytime you get close, you have to start again because you got stuck.

(06-03-2015, 03:24 PM)HES_Keith Wrote: I'm pretty sure A game that is horribly put together, and difficult to play through because of bugs would be worse.
E.g Skyrim had a glitch that prevented you from continuing onto the storyline because an NPC wouldn't talk to you, and you got locked outside. (this was unfixed in the final release)
Imagine having to test something just after that, and everytime you get close, you have to start again because you got stuck.

I'd also like to point out that this doesn't reflect upon the skills of the testing team, or the development team.
The testing team could be trash, and didn't report it, or reported incorrectly.
Or the dev team could've ignored, or simply 'fixed' it incorrectly.
The testing process is 100% as good as the communication between the two teams involved.

That's why it would be good to release a pre-paid alpha/beta version on steam so we can find these bugs quickly, with the mere numbers of people that would be testing all the bugs would be found very quicklySmile
In other words ,we would pay to testSmile how does that sound Ross?

Cheers and Salud