Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.36 Average
AMA, I'm HES_Keith
(06-04-2015, 11:50 AM)Ruck Wrote: LOL, Newie is a alright, I've just had to work with a few people from there in the past and they were all knobs... more a reflection on the company I guess. I've got fond memories of the early days of the Knights... Slammin Sam Stewart. Smile

And Newie technically gave us Yahoo Serious... so... yeah, it's alright.

Back in the day when the Knights were awesome... (Nostalgia intensifies)
(06-04-2015, 11:28 AM)Ruck Wrote: Ok, so wouldn't that mean this is Functional Testing by your definition?

As you know it's a Rugby League Game, If you push (for example) X it will kick the ball / Hold X it will kick the ball further... and if not, there is a defect.

But Yes, it's all about perspective and terminology. In my interpretation a game tester knows the user guide and what is expected and is there to find exceptions to both rules and expectations.

Between Big Ant and Tru Blu I'm sure they've got both sides of the coin covered. Smile

Yeah as i said there is technically no definitive right way or wrong way, and the proof is in the quality of the product on the shelf.

Ive seen projects i thought were doomed produce amazing quality products, and i have seen projacts follow ITQSB to the letter and produce aboslute garbage.

Keith sorry mate i should have explained myself better about "testing the code". Anytime you perform a transaction ie; push button A, you are testing the code. You dont see the code, you see the UI, but in the background the code is what makes button A kick the ball, or left bumper pass left.

Anyways sorry to bore ya'll with testing talk, i could seriously discuss it all day as i am vey passionate about it hence 10+ years in the industry!

Quick question though Keith if you are allowed to answer, while you guys are testing the basic functionality of the game are you also looking into the nitty gritty details, like, Player Progression throughout career/franchise modes? as in Stat increases through training, player stat decline through age?

I ask because this was an issue in the last version
(06-04-2015, 12:00 PM)Midnight Prowler Wrote: Quick question though Keith if you are allowed to answer, while you guys are testing the basic functionality of the game are you also looking into the nitty gritty details, like, Player Progression throughout career/franchise modes? as in Stat increases through training, player stat decline through age?

We look at everything, from what could be the most insignificant thing, to the most game breaking thing.
Essentially, we cover everything we can, and report it, and let BA work their duct tape magic with it.
Ah MacGyver... you taught us all so much. Smile
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
WD40 and duct tape......the answer to all lifes mysterys
(06-04-2015, 12:18 PM)Midnight Prowler Wrote: WD40 and duct tape......the answer to all lifes mysterys

If it's meant to move and it doesnt = WD40
If it moves and it shouldn't = Duct Tape
If WD40 and Duct don't work....have you tried turning it off and on again?
what are the post try celebrations like keith? (sorry if this has been answered I haven't had time to keep up to date with the thread)
(06-04-2015, 11:44 AM)MGx Wrote: Given its in ross's town Dodgy he will no doubt somehow alter the outcome Tongue

I'll be at E3 in LA however I've purchased tickets for most of the development staff, I mean it is a Melbourne home game, Storm vs NSW :p

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(06-04-2015, 01:52 PM)mitty_97 Wrote: what are the post try celebrations like keith? (sorry if this has been answered I haven't had time to keep up to date with the thread)

There's a bunch of different ones, they're all pretty cool Smile