Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.36 Average
AMA, I'm HES_Keith
It all adds to a better game... I've really got to get me one of those jobs. Smile

Meaning game tester or crash test dummy.... either way works for me.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(06-03-2015, 03:04 PM)HES_Keith Wrote:
(06-03-2015, 03:02 PM)Ruck Wrote: So it's quite similar to how a Crash Test Dummy doesn't necessarily have to know how to drive a car. Smile

Pretty much!
Sig related.
A tester is valued on their ability to find problems in the game, such as texture errors, visual glitches, function abnormalities, and my specialty crashes.

Imagine having to game test the barbie games~~~~~~

(06-03-2015, 03:02 PM)roostersule2 Wrote:
(06-03-2015, 02:57 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(06-03-2015, 02:54 PM)roostersule2 Wrote: It just doesn't add anything to the game, there are no repercussions when signing a contract in a game.

errr yes it does. In be a pro mode, you can use your salary to purchase attribute points.
You can?

It still holds no weight though, just choose your options wisely.

How can you choose the right option when it wasn't there in the first place???

The option only appeared after choosing the first option!
(06-03-2015, 03:08 PM)Yuna Wrote: Imagine having to game test the barbie games~~~~~~

I'm pretty sure A game that is horribly put together, and difficult to play through because of bugs would be worse.
E.g Skyrim had a glitch that prevented you from continuing onto the storyline because an NPC wouldn't talk to you, and you got locked outside. (this was unfixed in the final release)
Imagine having to test something just after that, and everytime you get close, you have to start again because you got stuck.

(06-03-2015, 03:24 PM)HES_Keith Wrote: I'm pretty sure A game that is horribly put together, and difficult to play through because of bugs would be worse.
E.g Skyrim had a glitch that prevented you from continuing onto the storyline because an NPC wouldn't talk to you, and you got locked outside. (this was unfixed in the final release)
Imagine having to test something just after that, and everytime you get close, you have to start again because you got stuck.

I'd also like to point out that this doesn't reflect upon the skills of the testing team, or the development team.
The testing team could be trash, and didn't report it, or reported incorrectly.
Or the dev team could've ignored, or simply 'fixed' it incorrectly.
The testing process is 100% as good as the communication between the two teams involved.
Realism mate

Fighting is banned, the contract "backflip" isn't and is within the rules of the NRL.
I don't see the contract signing portion of the game being this in depth really.
[Image: SYWLAxC.png]
Steeler Wrote:Has anything been implemented in the game that allows me to absolutely stop digital me from leaving the club I am playing in career/franchise mode. It completely destroys the fantasy when digital you doesn't do what you would do.

(06-03-2015, 02:08 PM)HES_Keith Wrote: I'm pretty sure that you get to make all decisions regarding what team you play for Smile

(06-03-2015, 02:17 PM)Steeler Wrote: Just to clarify, I'm not talking about "Be A Pro" mode. I'm talking about Franchise mode, where you play as the same team for a certain amount of seasons and you have to manage the signings for all the players. If I have created myself as a custom player and added myself to the team I am playing as in Franchise, can I bar myself from ever leaving the club?

I have never actually finished a franchise in RLL2 because of this problem. Once digital me leaves the club, it just ruins the whole thing and the game makes digital me expect a pretty hefty salary.

(06-03-2015, 02:19 PM)HES_Keith Wrote: I've never tried this, personally, so I'm unsure how it would all work >.<

Ross must know.

Ross?
(06-03-2015, 05:07 PM)Steeler Wrote: I have never actually finished a franchise in RLL2 because of this problem. Once digital me leaves the club, it just ruins the whole thing and the game makes digital me expect a pretty hefty salary.

(06-03-2015, 02:19 PM)HES_Keith Wrote: I've never tried this, personally, so I'm unsure how it would all work >.<

Ross must know.

Ross?
[/quote]

Just offer yourself a hefty salary and your "digital you" won't leave your club.

I do this in all other sports games.
Isn't it realistic that "digital you" expects more money as "digital you" becomes a better player?
Surely digital you should react in exactly the same way as any other player in franchise mode, so they are going to want more money as they get oder/better so as others have said you'll have to pay the going rate to keep yourself there.
as long as it isnt like RLL2 where they wanted minimum 100k after 2 years even if they never played