Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Soccer/Football Live Video Game
I find it a bit unfair for the women of soccer to not have soccer as a full time job professionally. They are brilliant players, heck, in my u15s competition we lost 3-0 to a team with a few females in their team. Definitely not to be underestimated.

Although, for a cover we need recognizable faces. Putting on someone like Cahill would be a much more sales worthy product than having Clare Polkinghorne (Matilda's captain, plays for Brisbane Roar W-League).
(05-30-2015, 12:10 AM)Burnsy2012 Wrote: Agreed SOR. Maybe something on the back of the box that just lets you know they're there. Every soccer fan knows who Lionel Messi is and his face and Barcelona kit help sell titles. Cahill was quite effective for Australian sales i'm guessing. Cover has to be used to lethal advertising.

Unless the game is unlicensed like DBC 14 with the exception of Don Bradman. Maybe join up with Johnny Warren Foundation and call it Johnny Warrens Soccer Live. Though for International recognition maybe David Beckham in the cover it will be David Beckham's Soccer Live that would be massive on the front.

Yeah I agree Reggie its unfair that these professional athletes need to find a second job while some men's footballers get the same amount they get for one year in one game. If the female athletes were footballers full time imagine the more practice and skills they could perfect.
Unfortunately for the girls they just can't pull a crowd. I've seen highlights/pictures of Sydney FC W-League games and it always seems like 100-200 people in the audience and that's it. They played Vietnam at Kogarah a week or so ago and I had no desire to go.
The girls will be pulling crowds if they play well in the FIFA World Cup, and since EA are including women in the next edition of FIFA.

I'm sure just because of women being in SL, the sales will go at least a quarter higher than w/o women in the game.
The Matildas vs. USA was a great game to watch. If Crazy Solo wasn't in goals it could have been a different game... but the Matildas put in a strong showing in defeat. Smile
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(06-11-2015, 05:09 PM)Ruck Wrote: The Matildas vs. USA was a great game to watch. If Crazy Solo wasn't in goals it could have been a different game... but the Matildas put in a strong showing in defeat. Smile

Yes was very quick paced match from Matildas really thought they outplayed USA, unfortunately Hope Solo was the keeper lol, Aussies just couldn't keep up the quick pace and burned themselves out second half. if they take that style into other matches im sure they will progress past the group stage Smile
By what has been revealed the new PES is looking brilliant. Some of these amazing new features would have to be followed and taken in by BA because they look amazing. The quality of the title has improved massively by what the trailer shows. They've gotten Neymar in for the cover so Goetze has to be free now Tongue

Their comeback is a good example that things can be done in the world game market. Their licensing for Latin American leagues and the Champions League has cut up. Licensing some of the most populated countries football leagues (As said before) could have that same effect. They're doing something amazing with this image importing feature that can satisfy areas normal editing couldn't or editing could've done with much more stress. Looking like a top title.

Think I will enjoy it a fair bit more than FIFA 16. This has to be pushing EA to actually change FIFA... Will have to see what they can offer at E3.
PES looks brilliant, the pace is great and Konami seriously have done work. EA Sports have done, what? Added women? That's all we really know, we need to see gameplay to be sure what they've changed.

If BA can match the pace of PES and FIFA, I'm sure a Soccer game would be a hit.
(06-18-2015, 09:45 AM)reggiewestside Wrote: PES looks brilliant, the pace is great and Konami seriously have done work. EA Sports have done, what? Added women? That's all we really know, we need to see gameplay to be sure what they've changed.

If BA can match the pace of PES and FIFA, I'm sure a Soccer game would be a hit.

EA's work seems pretty impressive to me. They've actually made a few welcome and noticeable changes to the gameplay and they're finally fixing career mode. FUT Draft seems cool too. Looking sharp.

Any premier league predictions before it kicks off tonight? I think Chelsea will be good enough to retain the title. Tipping a very close top 4 and relegation battle.

1. Chelsea
2. Arsenal
3. Man United
4. Man City
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham

Relegation
18. Sunderland
19. Aston Villa
20. Norwich City