Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
RLL3 Mesh for viewing jersey creations
When you do that Itchy, will it become additional options or will it replace current versions.
(07-23-2015, 04:42 PM)Steeler Wrote: When you do that Itchy, will it become additional options or will it replace current versions.

I'm still tossing that up. On a personal note, I have little to no interest in the current day teams, so my preference would be to replace all the existing teams with the 80's and 90's teams/graphics etc. I will have to collaborate with Wouldy a fair bit, so there is still a lot of groundwork to be done.

Edit: I am probably most likely going to do a complete Winfield Cup conversion which will supplant pretty much all of the modern content. Perhaps there is a way to run this a separate executable, ala PES, but will have to cross that bridge when I come to it.

It's a shame for the console users that the Vintage material was omitted. I have said this many times before, TB want you to buy 2 versions of this game!!!! Pretty shrewd if you ask me...
Is it simple to replace all of those generic logos? There's almost 80 of them so on PC we could make so many teams I just hope we can get the audio too

If nsw cup and 20's are in career it would be really cool to create old reserve and presidents cup teams! Even with just genetic faces
(07-23-2015, 04:57 PM)Eastern Suburbs Wrote: Is it simple to replace all of those generic logos? There's almost 80 of them so on PC we could make so many teams I just hope we can get the audio too

Well in that regard, Wouldy is the real magician, and without him, very little could be achieved. But yes, it will be a simple case of replacing the existing graphic files in the blobset. That is essentially what happened with the Jersey Injector that Wouldy released. There seem to be alot of fictional/generic logos etc, so perhaps it would be more prudent to just replace those with the Vintage ones, but I am not sure things like flags, crowd and other texture exist for those generic ones. Let's just wait and see what the final blobset file ends up looking like.

(07-23-2015, 04:57 PM)Eastern Suburbs Wrote: Is it simple to replace all of those generic logos? There's almost 80 of them so on PC we could make so many teams I just hope we can get the audio too

If nsw cup and 20's are in career it would be really cool to create old reserve and presidents cup teams! Even with just genetic faces

Would be a nice addition. I am tossing up doing a few season patches. My favorite seasons were 1987, 1991, 1994 and 1995. I would say I have created around 60% thus far, so I'll see how I go for motivation in doing the remaining players etc.
Speaking of your players, they now need attributes. Do you remember how good they all were? LOL
(07-23-2015, 05:08 PM)Steeler Wrote: Speaking of your players, they now need attributes. Do you remember how good they all were? LOL

Yeah Mate, trust me, creating the likeness' was a heck of lot more fun. I have a database here from the old game, so I can use most of that. I haven't spoken to Wouldy about it yet, but if he is planning to do an Editor, then I might just wait for that. In the last game, I spoke to him about the possibility of an export to excel function, so that the stats could be updated and globally edited, then re imported back into the save file. There are similar editors for PES which utilize this wonderful capability, so let's just wait and see what Wouldy has up his sleeve. I have no idea how complex that would be.

From what I gather, each specific stat can not be individually edited in isolation, but I have not really looked into it too much, and I am sure there is a logical reason for the way it all works.
We will probably try to externalise the files, I'd prefer that to changing blobsets.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(07-23-2015, 05:15 PM)Ross Wrote: We will probably try to externalise the files, I'd prefer that to changing blobsets.

That would be alot better. I assume we are talking a similar method as to DBC, with the folders in a a zip.
Yes.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
Hey itchy I can say if you do do attributes the lower attribute system from the rll2 was so much fun and made things much more enjoyable to play! Those season patches would be great would love a Hugh McGahan or Horrie for easts! 94 was my favourite year but it sucked as a chooks fan haha