Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2 months left
(05-11-2015, 07:57 AM)SOR Wrote:
(05-11-2015, 12:58 AM)benrhino Wrote:
(05-10-2015, 08:10 PM)FiddleDiddle Wrote:
(05-10-2015, 06:36 PM)benrhino Wrote: In terms of the guy saying full price because rosters etc is out of date, that kid is a sad reflection of how Fifa and others have spoilt kids with regular online squad updates in the modern era. That kid is definitely not part of the 90's and early 2000's where you got whatever squads were on the disc unless you had the time and patience to sort them yourself.

I don't think asking for updated rosters is too much in 2015. How dare that person expect a modern product in modern times.

But demanding it before the game is even released and saying it's not worth full price, come on man. At the end of the day anything you get after release date is a privilege not a right imo.

Plus we've been given the tools to do it ourselves which is great, because I'm pretty sure someone would complain about bigants updated squads (if they chose to do them)

I just like how something that right now is only 2 months out of date is considered tainted and old.

As I said before, if that guy in particular is that upset by a few players being on the wrong team he can take an hour or two to change it. Honestly as it stands the only major signings that have occurred in 2015 are RTS to the Warriors, Foran to the Eels, Scott to the Eels and Cherry-Evans to the Titans.

Don't forget Isaac Luke to the Warriors
(05-10-2015, 06:36 PM)benrhino Wrote: In terms of the guy saying full price because rosters etc is out of date, that kid is a sad reflection of how Fifa and others have spoilt kids with regular online squad updates in the modern era. That kid is definitely not part of the 90's and early 2000's where you got whatever squads were on the disc unless you had the time and patience to sort them yourself.

I don't think asking for updated rosters is too much in 2015. How dare that person expect a modern product in modern times.

But demanding it before the game is even released and saying it's not worth full price, come on man. At the end of the day anything you get after release date is a privilege not a right imo.

Plus we've been given the tools to do it ourselves which is great, because I'm pretty sure someone would complain about bigants updated squads (if they chose to do them)

I just like how something that right now is only 2 months out of date is considered tainted and old.

As I said before, if that guy in particular is that upset by a few players being on the wrong team he can take an hour or two to change it. Honestly as it stands the only major signings that have occurred in 2015 are RTS to the Warriors, Foran to the Eels, Scott to the Eels and Cherry-Evans to the Titans.

U missed the biggest signing of them all!! THE PRODIGAL SON SAM TOMKINS RETURNS TO WIGAN!!! Tongue
TMT, TBE, 48-0, FLOYD MONEY MAYWEATHER!!!!!
what about the massive signing of the great TMFMISL Ryan Bailey by cas Smile

(05-11-2015, 08:01 AM)Mckeon1986 Wrote:

U missed the biggest signing of them all!! THE PRODIGAL SON SAM TOMKINS RETURNS TO WIGAN!!! Tongue

I read that in Phil Clarkes voice.
I did forget Isaac Luke. Tomkins to Wigan is big for Super League as well.

My point is if you just want the major signings you're probably looking at 10 minutes work. All the minor signings maybe an hour. People are lazy.
Couldn't agree more SOR. In my own experience updated squads, particularly thinking of madden and Fifa here, are often less accurate than the originals anyway, and encourage laziness in terms of the squads put out on disc, something I'm sure some people would be quick to complain about.
IMO, the FanHub makes Roster updates obsolete. As has been said, it takes a little work to update the teams for next year and if you are too lazy to do that... wait till someone else does the work and then just download their teams from the Hub.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
I'd assume that's big ants train of though in putting so much into the hub as well.
With Don Bradman Cricket, the Academy gave us blanks to which we added liknesses / details and that worked fine. Those willing to do the work did it, others just downloaded. League will be no different.

But once you start a career you leave the real world and start playing RLL3. Accurate Rosters technically go out the window when you finish your first season.

A way to preset Jersey changes would be nice for Career mode. Eg if you create a 2017 Raiders jersey then when your career hits 2017 the jersey would change to this design (this would require a Official team jersey template and therefore be unreasonable due to licensing issues). But the only real issue I've got is that jerseys will not change in a career.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(05-11-2015, 09:30 AM)benrhino Wrote: I'd assume that's big ants train of though in putting so much into the hub as well.

Yeah you're probably right. Theoretically, it hould be a lot easier to do than in previous iterations of the game with it being on PC (I find it easier myself) and I'll probably actually do the Super League ones this time for 2016, I've never really bothered before, other than just updating the club I was going to be playing as.
XBL Gamertag: viCompt (360 + One).
(05-11-2015, 08:32 AM)SOR Wrote: My point is if you just want the major signings you're probably looking at 10 minutes work. All the minor signings maybe an hour. People are lazy.

IMO, it all comes down to when the game is actually released.
Either way though, I'm ecstatic and over the moon about a new league game.
However, I understand fans wanting the roster updated. Again, it comes down to when its released. For example, if it were released tomorrow, a 2014 roster is all good.
If, say, it comes out October onwards (as an example), I don't think its too big of an ask for a roster update.
You could call it lazy, you're entitled to your opinion but if it comes out late in the year, then yeah, I think as fans, we shouldn't need to spend an hour updating the roster.
Just my opinion.

Then again, I could always download an updated roster