Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Player Models & Lighting
Below is a comparison of the player models and lighting before and after the latest update. I personally much prefer the former, but curious what others may think. I prefer the definition and shine on the players, but the nostril shading on the latter is better. Now before the latest update, the data/save file was e.g around 24 MB and after the update it was around 3 MB. I realise alot of people (esp on Laptops) were having serious performance issues with the fanhub, so I understand that the effects were dumbed down a little. But I think the differences below speak for themselves, and I was wondering if it would be possible to revert back to the old settings, or perhaps have a setting in the config file to change it ourselves.

These are the same exact creations.

[Image: test1.jpg]
free photo hosting

[Image: test2.jpg]
forum image hosting

[Image: test3.jpg]
picture upload
Ones on the left looks better to me. They look more real and authentic while the right ones looks more cartoonish

Hopefully bigant just changed the default quality to low so it can accomodate people with crap PCs and on the final version we will have the option of changing it to Ultra Big Grin
(04-28-2015, 11:08 PM)Yuna Wrote: Ones on the left looks better to me. They look more real and authentic while the right ones looks more cartoonish

Hopefully bigant just changed the default quality to low so it can accomodate people with crap PCs and on the final version we will have the option of changing it to Ultra Big Grin

Agreed, but the danger is that people are creating likenesses based on certain lighting conditions etc, and when they change, the player can look completely different. Most of the players I have created have been post update, and since reverting back to the old setting, most look far superior, but there are also quite a few which need some serious tweaking. Not a criticism, rather just wanting to put this issue out there.
(04-28-2015, 11:18 PM)Itchy Hram Wrote: Agreed, but the danger is that people are creating likenesses based on certain lighting conditions etc, and when they change, the player can look completely different.

Well that can only make it better now since the quality is on low right?
(04-28-2015, 11:21 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(04-28-2015, 11:18 PM)Itchy Hram Wrote: Agreed, but the danger is that people are creating likenesses based on certain lighting conditions etc, and when they change, the player can look completely different.

Well that can only make it better now since the quality is on low right?

Overall yes.
I had forgotten how detailed the players looked when the hub first released.
definitely a difference there and quite a significant one....

Ross/HBK/ BA Employees - Is anyone able to comment as to what the changes have been to player models/lighting with the new update? Is this something that was just 'turned down' for the demo or something ?
Would be fantastic to have the ability to choose the LOD within the HUB, that way those with High/Low End systems can have the choice between quality and performance. I would much prefer to create faces using the higher end settings.
On the left for sure, much more definition in the player likenesses.
Like Yuna said, on the right it looks cartoonish.
They look too animated now
Could BA clarify what player quality will be on respective consoles, i.e low ps3 and 360 and high for ps4 and then I suppose pc might have an ultra setting leaving it ahead of the pack

The left images definitely look superior