Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bargain/Lower league players
(05-07-2015, 01:49 PM)pure_brad Wrote: Luke Page he's a wreaking Ball for Mounties.

Tell him to get a shower then Wink
Nathan Gardner can cover anywhere in the backs, may be a bit small but quick and is a slippery bugger. Can gk too

Someone mentioned the Jennings boys, great additions

Valentine Holmes

The Nikorima bros

James Roberts would be a great pick up

Jack Buchanan from the Tigers
From an NRL point of view there are a few super league players who would be good buys and, I imagine, wouldn't be too expensive (relative to the NRL salary cap) . Carl Ablett from Leeds is a really solid second-row who can be dangerous out wide, Steffan Ratchford (Warrington) would be a great utility player to have as he can play 1, 3/4, 6, 7,and 13, this one may be a bit premature given that he's only played a handful of SL games but Joe Greenwood from Saints is a real talent. From within the NRL Ryan Morgan (Eels) and Api Korisau (Panthers) are both decent players who aren't playing regularly while Cameron King and Justin Hunt could be worth a punt as a back up, some of the PNG Hunters could be good value back up players as well. For a Super League club Jodie Broughton isn't getting regular game time at Huddersfield, Jordan Walne (Salford) is a solid back-rower and Kris Wellham would be a reasnoble signing too, I wouldn't be signing those if I were to do a career with an NRL club though.
(05-07-2015, 09:46 PM)Dann_K Wrote:
(05-07-2015, 01:49 PM)pure_brad Wrote: Luke Page he's a wreaking Ball for Mounties.

Tell him to get a shower then Wink

I don't get it lol

(05-07-2015, 09:29 PM)Squirbos19 Wrote:

I'll admit I haven't seen him play for the Mounties, but for Papua New Guinea he played poorly.

Yeah I didn't get to watch the PNG game though he's had good games for Mounties I will be surprised if he doesn't at least get to debut for Canberra some time this year. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aPQu7zdlkAs
just a couple from tonights super league game. Kris Whelam is probably someone who could've kicked on at a better team, although he is older than I thought now.

Wakefields Paul Mcshane would make a decent interchange hooker not an 80 minute tackle machine but a clever ball player who is quick of the mark and has a decent short kicking game.
Cameron McInnes, back up hooker at Souths, would start at most other clubs and being heavily chased. (Might stay at Souths as the Warriors have reportedly signed Issac Luke for next year and beyond with Luke asking for a release and the deal could be announced in days...)

Apisai Korosau, Playing for Penrith this year, won a comp last year, has been playing very well too. Filling in in the halves and once again behind a very good dummy half and former rabbitoh Segeyaro.

I think Nathan Peats will be a cheap pick up as well. Even though starting at Parramatta i think he's cheap starter..
Connor Farrell Liam's younger brother suppose to be a beast of a player. I think Joe Burgess good with the ball but terrible without out it and cant catch for toffee, I personally think he will really struggle in NRL next year he should of stayed at Wigan for couple more seasons IMO to develop as a player then try his hand at NRL. But being a Wigan fan I hope he proves me wrong and is a success down under!!!
TMT, TBE, 48-0, FLOYD MONEY MAYWEATHER!!!!!
From what I've seen of connor farrell he looks decent, and unlike his brother has the size to become a real unit. Needs a full offseason for me though.(it did stevie ward the world of good at Leeds this year)

Also couldn't agree more on burgess. His meteoric rise to fame and his skill set and shortcomings are almost identical to Kevin Penny imo.
Just read about Luke going to the Warriors.

That could be some spine in 2016 if they sign him.

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

6. Chad Townsend

7. Shaun Johnson

9. Isaac Luke

Three very good players and one solid first grader. Warriors will be a force to be reckoned with in 2016.
(05-08-2015, 08:56 AM)benrhino Wrote: From what I've seen of connor farrell he looks decent, and unlike his brother has the size to become a real unit. Needs a full offseason for me though.(it did stevie ward the world of good at Leeds this year)

Also couldn't agree more on burgess. His meteoric rise to fame and his skill set and shortcomings are almost identical to Kevin Penny imo.

yeah pal totally agree or maybe even a season loan in championship or at lower super league team to push on for a start at wigan, and like u said about burgess, watching the NRL they love kicking a bomb and don't like to say it as a warriors fan but burgess cant catch!
TMT, TBE, 48-0, FLOYD MONEY MAYWEATHER!!!!!