Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bargain/Lower league players
So the key signings thread got me thinking of players who maybe I wouldn't call key signings, but who I'd pick up for depth or development because they are cheap. I thought it'd be a good place to put any potential players who play well above their rating.

Fullbacks.

Kieran Dixon: Hull KR. I reckon this guy is still pretty off the radar. Has drawn comparisons to Jason Robinson, small fast and agile. He is a stereotypical video game superstar due to his speed.

Nial Evalds: Salford. this guy is keeping Kevin Locke out of the Salford team at the minute. Solid in defence and light on his feet in attack, young too and likely not to play much in RLL3 because of Locke.

Wingers.

Luke George:Northern pride. A former Wakefield flier with big hair and speed to burn defence is a bit suspect though. Can also play centre.

James Clare: Castleford. Really solid young winger, stuck behind carney and Denny Solomonic at cas.

Centres.

Lucas Walshaw:Bradford. 6ft 7 man mountain who plays centre or second row.

Matty Blythe: Bradford. Utility back and second row. Fast and strong let down by the fact he never really played one position.

Tom Armstrong: Leigh. Looks a class above the championship every time I see him, especially good footwork.

Halves

Lee Gaskell: Bradford. Ex St. Helens. Rangy standoff. Added utile value can play centre and fullback.

William Barthau: London. French international. Decent all rounder.

Ryan Brierley: Leigh. The hottest commodity outside super league. 88 tries in 84 appearances. Poacher.

Forwards I can't really think of at the minute, though young Andre savelio at saints has impressed this year. Oliver Holmes at cas and Danny kirmond at Wakefield are two workhorse second rows who would go well at better teams.
Good thread.

Michael Crockett: Currently plays NSW Cup for the Cutters I believe. 28 NRL games and 19 tries before a false rape accusation ruined his career. He's 32 now but had a lot of pace back in the day and could be a good second string centre.

Jackson Hastings: Just 2 NRL games but in both those games he didn't really do anything wrong and was solid throughout. Probably going to become a future star for a team.

Sione Mata'utia: He's 18 years old and has already played 3 games for Australia and scored 1 try for his country. Currently playing in NSW Cup but has 14 NRL appearances in which he's scored 8 tries. One for the future and definitely a must sign if you're after a lower league player.
Cameron Munster: 20 years old, full of spark. He could be a cheap grab if you get him before Billy's retirement. He primarily plays FB and 5/8, and is a player looking like he's got the goods in talent.

Dane Tilse: Now off to Hull KR, you should be able to pick him up reasonably cheap. He's a strong, tall forward that can get the metres in. In his 30s now you should probably pick him up in his first season if you can, so he can develop his game more.
Wait, how do we know these players will be cheap in the game and their stats are decent?
(04-27-2015, 09:23 AM)Yuna Wrote: Wait, how do we know these players will be cheap in the game and their stats are decent?

Just basing off real life, I'm sure they'll be cheap and good in the game Smile
James roberts from the Gold Coast titans. I saw him a few years ago in the penrith under 20's grand final and thought he was a great prospect. I then got him in my rugby league live 2 career mode. No doubt he will be high rated yet low priced in rll3 and is probably one f th fastest players in the world.
Roberts doesn't have a whole lot except speed. Quickest player in the NRL but that's it.
Leading try scorer, reads the play well to gain intercepts, explosiveness to get around players close to the line and great strength. Sound like a great center to me who will only get better
Roberts is boss makes other centre nervous marking him just coz off his speed
Greg Eden - Brisbane Broncos - FB WG CE FE
Dubbed the next Billy Slater, Eden looks to set to debt for Brisbane in the Origin-Period but currently sits behind Copley,Maranta,Kahu,Hodges,Reed,Vidot,Oates & Boyd for a back-line berth
Eden has been hitting form in Q Cup for the Seagulls.
Handy pickup
Carlin Anderson - Ipswich Jets
FB WG CE
Superstar Fullback in the making Carlin has been given the Jets No.1 jumper since Wes Conlon's injury. Fast-machine who can put his wingers off with no drama.
Multiple clubs are currently circling him but the Broncos are set to sign him up.

Marmin Barba - Jets
FB WG CE FE
Similar player to his brother Ben, but Marmin is more of a winger than a FB or FE.
Marmin has scored 23 tries in 28 games for Ipswich. Which is a massive stike-rate
Marmin has scored atleast a try this season a game.

Matt Parcell - Jets
HK HB FE
Fast talented player who has most recently featured in the No.9 jumper but has many games as a receiver who look's promising