Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Your Career starting side/Key signings
So I was thinking what my team would be and who'd I'd like to sign, and I figured I'd make a thread to see other people's selections. My Broncos line up would be.

1. Milford
2. Kahu
3. Vidot
4. Hodges
5. Copely
6. Boyd
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Ofahengaue
13. Parker

14. Molo
15. Thaiday
16. Nikorima
17. Nikorima

The players I'd go for are Evans, Moylan, the winger Burgess and search for a good centre to replace Hodges. I like trolling the NSW and QLD cup, finding really quick outside backs.

What about you guys?
1.lachlan coote
2.Mathew Wright
3.Tau Tau Moga
4.Kane Linnett
5.Antonio Winterstein
6.Michael Morgan
7.Johnathan Thurston
8.Matt Scott
9.Jake Granville
10.James Tamou
11.Gavin Cooper
12.Ethan Lowe
13.Jason Taumoulolo

14.Ray Thompson
15.Ben Hannant
16.Scott Bolton
17.John Asiata

18th man: Justn O'niell

Look towards some reliable second rowers such as aiden guerra or thaiday
(04-26-2015, 07:38 PM)krypter Wrote: So I was thinking what my team would be and who'd I'd like to sign, and I figured I'd make a thread to see other people's selections. My Broncos line up would be.

1. Milford
2. Kahu
3. Vidot
4. Hodges
5. Copely
6. Boyd
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Ofahengaue
13. Parker

14. Molo
15. Thaiday
16. Nikorima
17. Nikorima

The players I'd go for are Evans, Moylan, the winger Burgess and search for a good centre to replace Hodges. I like trolling the NSW and QLD cup, finding really quick outside backs.

What about you guys?

Surely, you'd go
1 Kahu
2 Boyd
3 Copley
4 Hodges
5 Vidot
6 Milford
7 Hunt
8 McGuire
9 McCullough
10 Blair
11 Glenn
12 Gillett
13 Parker

14 Thaiday
15 Dodds
16 Oates
17 Nikorima

18 Reed
19 Maranta

Boyd at 5/8 ??? would almost certainly be a waste if I picked Milf at 1 I'd instantly think off either Kahu or K Nikorima
Thaiday off the bench is best possible impact
But I'd look to buy Chambers, Taumalolo, Jennings, Guerra, Inglis, Walker & A Reynolds
I don't think it would be a waste. We've seen in the past that Boyd is a talented ballplayer, he doesn't have the speed he once had though. He's tall, solid and is quite a stout defender. I think he'd be solid in the front line D and he's big and powerful enough to punch through the line.

I don't like Milford at six because they want him to bulk up meaning speed is substituted and his strength is his running game. Boyd would essentially play the same role he does at the back. He worked with Lockyer a lot and is very experienced.

That's just how I see it anyone.
1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. Chambers
4. Mann
5. Koroibete
6. Green
7. Cronk
8. Bromwich
9. Smith
10. McLean
11. Proctor
12. Harris
13. Hinchcliffe

14. Munster
15. Glasby
16. Weston
17. Kaufusi

18. Fonua
19. Finucane

Changes; I'd offload Slater in a few seasons, put Munster into the FB position. Tear up Finucane's contract since I don't like the way he plays, he's still a bit dirty from his Bulldogs days.
Signings; Mansour, Tomou and search for a good (young) talent in the Hooker position to replace Cameron when he retires.
1. Tedesco
2. Naiqama
3. Simona
4. Lawrence
5. Richards
6. Moses
7. Brooks
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Sironen
12. Lovett
13. Taupau

14. Halatau
15. Sue
16. Lodge
17. Seumanufagai

A little bit of beauty in hindsight a few rounds in this season in the composition of the squad. Lovett was one of my fave players to bring through the ranks in RLL2 So I'm excited to have him in there.

Would be mostly about seeing if the young halves progress over the season and whether we need to look elsewhere but initially recruitment would be about getting more size on the bench, maybe a Kane Evans style player.

Also assess whether we need Lawrence or not. Keen to bring Akauola back in or Obed Kharwhin looks to be an awesome story
(04-26-2015, 09:30 PM)ALXTBO Wrote: 1. Tedesco
2. Naiqama
3. Simona
4. Lawrence
5. Richards
6. Moses
7. Brooks
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Sironen
12. Lovett
13. Taupau

14. Halatau
15. Sue
16. Lodge
17. Seumanufagai

A little bit of beauty in hindsight a few rounds in this season in the composition of the squad. Lovett was one of my fave players to bring through the ranks in RLL2 So I'm excited to have him in there.

Would be mostly about seeing if the young halves progress over the season and whether we need to look elsewhere but initially recruitment would be about getting more size on the bench, maybe a Kane Evans style player.

Also assess whether we need Lawrence or not. Keen to bring Akauola back in or Obed Kharwhin looks to be an awesome story

I'd get rid off Lawrence & Moses.
If I kept Moses I'd give him No.1
I'd have Tedesco at FE in Attack with Simona FB Attack & vice versa in defence.
I'd look at Jack Bird if I was trying to get a talented 6 at the Tigers

(04-26-2015, 08:46 PM)krypter Wrote: I don't think it would be a waste. We've seen in the past that Boyd is a talented ballplayer, he doesn't have the speed he once had though. He's tall, solid and is quite a stout defender. I think he'd be solid in the front line D and he's big and powerful enough to punch through the line.

I don't like Milford at six because they want him to bulk up meaning speed is substituted and his strength is his running game. Boyd would essentially play the same role he does at the back. He worked with Lockyer a lot and is very experienced.

That's just how I see it anyone.

Lockyer said a few week's back he's actually lighter than his Raider's career
Boyd is more of a runner not a ball player & Milf actually played 6 & 7 in his junior's so just give him time to develop there, I remember how Lockyer went there at first, two year's later we won the Premiership

(04-26-2015, 08:56 PM)reggiewestside Wrote: 1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. Chambers
4. Mann
5. Koroibete
6. Green
7. Cronk
8. Bromwich
9. Smith
10. McLean
11. Proctor
12. Harris
13. Hinchcliffe

14. Munster
15. Glasby
16. Weston
17. Kaufusi

18. Fonua
19. Finucane

Changes; I'd offload Slater in a few seasons, put Munster into the FB position. Tear up Finucane's contract since I don't like the way he plays, he's still a bit dirty from his Bulldogs days.
Signings; Mansour, Tomou and search for a good (young) talent in the Hooker position to replace Cameron when he retires.

I'd have Green move to 9 with Hampton 6
Munster should be playing FE when Slater is injury-free but Green is playing superb
Hooker-wise I'd get Young Matt Parcell who has great speed out of dummy-half (1000x better than Granville)
I'd keep Finucane because he will soon be playing Origin
I'll right some wrongs at manly, Glenn Stewart is coming home, watmough isn't, Cherry Evans and Kiran foran will be signed back up and then I'll shop around for some forwards, the cap will be flexible right? Right??
Manly need a bit of fixing up don't they, no idea what they were thinking letting Foran and Stewart go honestly. I don't really like the team, but they might be fun to play around with on RLL3.
I still sat at ammi park last night and saw a good win Tongue, I'll be re-creating storm-manly rivalry with help of the player hub Smile

But yes future is bleak, wondering where we'll find halves half as good as our current pair, then the fact most are stars are in the 30's

RLL3 will be my coping mechanism