Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Be A Pro Position will you be? also what team for?
I think I'd like to be a halfback who starts at Canberra who I believe are in need of one. I'm a Roosters fan but realistically my "Be A Pro" probably isn't going to knock one of the top 5 halfbacks in the NRL off his perch and claim a first grade spot.

He'd play for Canberra, Country, All Stars, NSW (Desperate need of a solid halfback), Australia

I do think I'd like to play as a big 120 kilogram enforcer prop as well who just demolishes people. Probably start out at the Dragons or Manly for that with the same rep teams as above.
I'd be tempted to go a Jacob Look style centre who could play Fullback or 2nd row also. I'd start at either Newcastle or the Gold Coast and play for NSW, Country, NRL All Stars and Australia.
[Image: image.php?u=665&type=sigpic&dateline=1435295765]
(03-12-2015, 07:03 AM)SOR Wrote: I think I'd like to be a halfback who starts at Canberra who I believe are in need of one. I'm a Roosters fan but realistically my "Be A Pro" probably isn't going to knock one of the top 5 halfbacks in the NRL off his perch and claim a first grade spot.

He'd play for Canberra, Country, All Stars, NSW (Desperate need of a solid halfback), Australia

I do think I'd like to play as a big 120 kilogram enforcer prop as well who just demolishes people. Probably start out at the Dragons or Manly for that with the same rep teams as above.

I know everyone says Pearce is an amazing halfback, I honestly think he'd be better suited and could become one of the best Fullbacks the game has ever seen. His game management seems to have come along leaps and bounds this year, but with how he steps and you could pop up wherever at fullback. He'd be able to playmake but also get the chance to run off people more and have a little more room.
(03-12-2015, 05:08 PM)krypter Wrote:
(03-12-2015, 07:03 AM)SOR Wrote: I think I'd like to be a halfback who starts at Canberra who I believe are in need of one. I'm a Roosters fan but realistically my "Be A Pro" probably isn't going to knock one of the top 5 halfbacks in the NRL off his perch and claim a first grade spot.

I know everyone says Pearce is an amazing halfback, I honestly think he'd be better suited and could become one of the best Fullbacks the game has ever seen. His game management seems to have come along leaps and bounds this year, but with how he steps and you could pop up wherever at fullback. He'd be able to playmake but also get the chance to run off people more and have a little more room.

I find that Pearce is actually really underrated because of his NSW Origin appearances. He's playing really great footy at halfback for the Roosters since about June-July 2014 and before that had always stood out as being good.

As for fullback it's an interesting opinion but I always like the quick fullback who can sprint back and gain as much territory as possible. Pearce is quick but RTS is one of the quickest men at the club and is still young which means he can fill the spot for a good 5-7 years if not more.
(03-12-2015, 05:30 PM)SOR Wrote:
(03-12-2015, 05:08 PM)krypter Wrote:

I find that Pearce is actually really underrated because of his NSW Origin appearances. He's playing really great footy at halfback for the Roosters since about June-July 2014 and before that had always stood out as being good.

As for fullback it's an interesting opinion but I always like the quick fullback who can sprint back and gain as much territory as possible. Pearce is quick but RTS is one of the quickest men at the club and is still young which means he can fill the spot for a good 5-7 years if not more.

That's a good point. I've always rated Pearce as a high level ball runner though. Even at Origin, when he got shown up by Thurston and Cronk through game management and how to control the flow, he was still deadly. I'd love to see him take on the line even more. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he's 7 for the blues this year. Hodgkinson is okay but I still think Pearce is better than him, it's easy to play behind a big pack going forward. They completely overpowered QLD last year. Even thurston said that he'd never seen Pearce control a game so well but then you got the likes of Keary (you should be playing for QLD T_T) and Brooks coming through.
Fullback, center or half.
would like to start off in qcup side like Blackhawks or dolphins and work my way up into an NRL side.

QLD & Australia if chosen for rep team.
I'm hoping there is limited choice when you start and you've got to build a name for yourself as you progress through your career, taking the offers that come and not necessarily the one you desire.

With hard work more teams will show interest in you and then you'll have to weigh up being loyal to those who gave you your break (and your team mates) or signing for the team you've supported your whole life.

Likewise I hope when you get towards the latter stages of your career (or if you struggle in the NRL) that you get offers from Super League clubs.

Have to wait to see how it's all done before choosing a position, but Centre / Fullback sounds good.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
2nd row/lock/centre. for the warriors and NZ
Positions: Fullback, Centre, Halfback
I want to play a big part.
Team: Cowboys or Bulldogs but they have positions covered already across the park, so i am thinking about playing for Panthers (7), Eels (1,3,4) or Sharks (7, 1, 4) to start off with or even be centre or five eight for rabbitohs.

Country, NSW, Indigenous, Australia (maybe NZ or Samoa/Fiji for something different for a challenge to beat aus and NZ).

Penrith or Sharks for Halfback, Eels for Fullback/Centre
(03-12-2015, 01:46 AM)RhysC97 Wrote: Prop #8
Wigan Warriors
England
NRL All-stars ( If I'm good enough Wink )

I'm going for the enforcer role with this Prop.
Wigan are going through massive issues with no big forwards to carry the team upfield and usually get dominated in the collision.
I'm hoping to fix this with my own character.
Should be easy for me, since Wigan have alot of youngers/average players. I'd get a chance early in my career.
6''8 and 19st is the physical build, but I'm going to see if I can give him a good offload.