Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jillaroos V Kiwi Ferns
(07-14-2015, 02:06 PM)pure_brad Wrote:
(07-14-2015, 01:41 PM)doggies2200 Wrote: FIFA's probs the only team sport to add women but that after long awaited years! They decided to because a Brazilian woman's player lodged a petition but if you watch the videos on youtube there's quite a lot involved when adding women to a sport's game.

It was actually a Spanish Women's player Smile

Spanish Brazilian tomatoe tomartoe
(07-14-2015, 02:42 PM)CultofPersonality3 Wrote:
(07-14-2015, 02:04 PM)doggies2200 Wrote: It's a great novelty item that's for sure.... But the state of woman's rugby is growing but not quite up to the level it deserves I know a few chicks that play and if they make NSWs and other rep teams they have to fork out a few bucks to travel which is disgraceful considering you made a rep team, Hence why participation levels a dropping and they're all turning to union.

I've played beach volleyball for QLD and I have had to pay for everything. What is the difference?

It's bloody volleyball that's the difference. Play rugby league for QLD and won't pay for jack. (Mens that is)
I think his point was that if you were to play Rugby League for Qld, you wouldn't have to pay.

But the amount of money that you get paid does not make the honor of representing your State or Country any greater.

However it if does matter the Jillaroos have recently started to get paid and the Jillaroos now sit under the representative department at the NRL.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
The way I see it the RLL3 video game is a game featuring professional players from professional leagues.

Women's rugby doesn't fit in there. I understand the Jillaroo's made a few hundred dollars each at a game last year but the entire squad are hobby footballers playing in hobby leagues and shouldn't be involved.

People argue FIFA but women's soccer is a lot bigger than Rugby and a lot of the girls do have professional deals with professional teams (Even if paid little)
That would hold weight if the game wasn't shipping with a Big Ant Team, a Tru Blu Team and two forum Teams. The entire squad are rugby league players and representative players.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(07-14-2015, 07:12 PM)Ruck Wrote: I think his point was that if you were to play Rugby League for Qld, you wouldn't have to pay.

But the amount of money that you get paid does not make the honor of representing your State or Country any greater.

However it if does matter the Jillaroos have recently started to get paid and the Jillaroos now sit under the representative department at the NRL.

That's pretty good it's a step in the right direction.

(07-14-2015, 07:03 PM)CultofPersonality3 Wrote:
(07-14-2015, 05:54 PM)doggies2200 Wrote:
(07-14-2015, 02:42 PM)CultofPersonality3 Wrote:
(07-14-2015, 02:04 PM)doggies2200 Wrote: It's a great novelty item that's for sure.... But the state of woman's rugby is growing but not quite up to the level it deserves I know a few chicks that play and if they make NSWs and other rep teams they have to fork out a few bucks to travel which is disgraceful considering you made a rep team, Hence why participation levels a dropping and they're all turning to union.

I've played beach volleyball for QLD and I have had to pay for everything. What is the difference?

It's bloody volleyball that's the difference. Play rugby league for QLD and won't pay for jack. (Mens that is)

What? That made no sense, try again.

Beach volleyball, Oztag, Futsal they're all amateur/semi-professional sports where you have to pay if you make a rep team, you can't compare that to a professional sport like rugby league and say what's the difference ? lol
(07-14-2015, 07:50 PM)Ruck Wrote: That would hold weight if the game wasn't shipping with a Big Ant Team, a Tru Blu Team and two forum Teams. The entire squad are rugby league players and representative players.

That's a bit different though. You don't need to create new models or add hair, female bodies, faces etc. You can generally make them as generic as you'd like.

The forum team is smart. Shows BigAnt care about their fans. Knowing some of you and being acquaintances with you guys I'm going to enjoy playing as the forum teams.

Can't say the same about a potential women's team. Would never use it.
I won't be bothering with the Forum Teams... half of them are Facebook ring-ins.

Big Ant Studios Team will get a run against my custom team, however I have no interest in the Tru Blu team.

The Women's Rugby League teams at least have a fan base that would like to see them in the game.
The Championship and Championship 1 isn't fully professional and they are on the game. There are also a heck of a lot of international (rep) teams on the FanHub, many of which will be almost entirely made up of amateur players.

Regardless of whether women are pro or not, they are still playing at the highest possible level they can, just the same as the men - except the men are represented down to NSW/QLD Cup/Championship/1.

People are also saying that the womens' game isn't big enough at the minute and that may well be true, but wouldn't it help make it bigger if it was included in a video game?.....
Well I mean why not include the NSW Country Rugby League team which is made up of regional players? They're set to tour Fiji or something and are competing on the highest level they can in their career.

I mean look, I get it. A lot of feminists etc would want the girls involved but if you make an exception for the women then why not the U20's national team? Why not the u18's national team? Why not NSW and QLD School Boys representative sides? NSW and QLD residents? Hell, I'd love to see the Illawarra League included who realistically are on the same level as the girls.

If you open it up to every semi pro player who is "at the highest level they can" then you're opening a lot of spots up.