Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
Realistic list of stuff Everyone wants! ADMINS PLEASE READ
It needs to be focused on crate late models and super late models but still have a variety of other cars such as 4 cylinders, renegades, open wheel modifieds and others. There needs to be a good career mode where you can create a driver and start out from the bottom in 4 cylinders and work your way up to crate late models and super late models. Have different amounts of cash prizes in different classes for each track. Have the big name drivers such as jimmy owens, scott bloomquist, jonathan davenport, don o'neal, Chris Ferguson and all the other guys that race in the Lucas Oil dirt late model series and World of Outlaws dirt late model series. You need to focus on making the late models move like they do in real life and where you have to make adjustments for different tracks. It needs to have qualifying, heat races and main events just like you if you are racing at a local short track in real life. Check out rfactor dirt late model series to get the car movements and graphics. We want something similar to rfactor on a console with career modes and different series that we can race in. The game should really focus on super late model touring series such as Lucas Oil and World of outlaws late models.

This game should also have an area online such as some of the 2k sports games have where you can go download game content that other players have created and uploaded, it is called 2k share. If it had a track builder and car designer mode, players could upload there tracks and cars for others to download and use on their game.
(01-17-2015, 03:36 AM)Agoldfish Wrote:
(01-17-2015, 02:11 AM)Shane81Wolf Wrote:
(01-17-2015, 01:55 AM)Agoldfish Wrote: Limaland? I live in Ohio and I've never heard of Limaland. What about Portsmouth? Attica is a good pick, everyone seems to like it.

You've never heard of Limaland? How about UNOH? The University of Northwestern Ohio, the premier University for Motorsports? The sponsor speedweeks in Florida and at Volusia... Well UNOH owns Limaland, and they race their UMP Mods and Stockcars their weekly with Student drivers against other normal Friday night racers.

I live in NE Ohio, so the most famous dirt track near me is Sharon Speedway. Never heard of UNOH either. But that Student Vs. Racers thing sounds really cool...

I live in central Ohio. Our go to tracks are Wayne County Speedway, Hilltop Speedway (Millersburg), and of course Muskingum County Speedway until they closed it ? What a shame
(10-28-2015, 03:39 PM)Nsmalley Wrote:
(01-17-2015, 03:36 AM)Agoldfish Wrote:
(01-17-2015, 02:11 AM)Shane81Wolf Wrote:
(01-17-2015, 01:55 AM)Agoldfish Wrote: Limaland? I live in Ohio and I've never heard of Limaland. What about Portsmouth? Attica is a good pick, everyone seems to like it.

You've never heard of Limaland? How about UNOH? The University of Northwestern Ohio, the premier University for Motorsports? The sponsor speedweeks in Florida and at Volusia... Well UNOH owns Limaland, and they race their UMP Mods and Stockcars their weekly with Student drivers against other normal Friday night racers.

I live in NE Ohio, so the most famous dirt track near me is Sharon Speedway. Never heard of UNOH either. But that Student Vs. Racers thing sounds really cool...

I live in central Ohio. Our go to tracks are Wayne County Speedway, Hilltop Speedway (Millersburg), and of course Muskingum County Speedway until they closed it ? What a shame

Im from the same area, once this game is released I may definitely attempt creating Muskingum, Hilltop (Marietta), Portsmouth and Midway Speedway even though its closed down now aswell.
Looks like we are a few days or weeks from announcement of the game, really excited to see what ideas they took from everyone's post on here.
A class that is lees know and famous in the dirt track world like dwarf cars would be great to see in the game. The are fast little cars and are hard to drive but very fun and would make a great addition to the game. [/font]

(01-21-2015, 08:36 AM)Mike Wrote:
(01-21-2015, 07:08 AM)wayfastwhitey26 Wrote: The track editor will be great as long as we can change all aspects of the track (where the corner starts/ends/how sharp/ banking/ where the cushion is/ whether it slicks off or stays tacky/ if the wall is right on the track or on the backside of the bank)...if we can recreate all of our local tracks without having to worry about licensing issues, this will take care of most people's request of tracks. My fear is that the track editor will not be detailed enough to satisfy these needs...allowing us to make a generic 1/4 3/8 1/2 mile track then say they let u do an oval tri oval or quad and change banking isnt much of a creator. (i hope this isnt the case)

This is exactly why we want to get your involvement - what elements must be in a track editor to get everything you want. I want real details, the more you can give us and the more of you that want it, the harder we will work to deliver it.
During racing related to the track editor it would be nice to rework the track between races to make it tacky or change the lines a bit
(01-21-2015, 08:36 AM)Mike Wrote: During racing related to the track editor it would be nice to rework the track between races to make it tacky or change the lines a bit

Track surfaces can be optionally graded and watered during a race which will restore the track to it's starting condition to some degree.

The starting condition is authored by the track editor - you can decide how hard packed or loose the track is, what the starting cushion is like and how quickly moisture builds up or is wicked away from the surface given the weather conditions. It's going to be really dynamic!
I know that there are tons of opinions for this game. I like all the ideas that everyone has for the game with all the variable options for each track, car, etc. A game with lots of variables for setups, tires, car design, engine choice, chassis choice, track design, and especially a career mode with accurate drives in the top class is a must for this game to go. I'm not sure its even feasable for a person to think that all of this for each series could be done with one game. Maybe that should be a SLM game with crates, bombers, street stocks and a Sprint Car game with modifieds, winged and non winged sprint cars. I believe that someone is missing the boat if they do not have SLM. There have been several Sprint Car games and they fizzle out. I think there is a need for someone to try the SLM class. I believe you would be amazed at how many people are wanting this possibly along with the sprint cars. Something like NCAA Footbal Teambuilder could be used where you could go in and design your own car, track, graphics and put them into the game. Or even something like in in MLB the SHOW where you can download rosters, you could download cars and tracks that peope have uploaded.
(07-16-2015, 01:15 PM)Daveybird Wrote: We need dirt Super Late Models in order for me to buy it. And as far as the track builder, it needs to be as open as possible. Where we can do things like fine-tuning the length of the track, determining where the walls would be or if there were any walls, making grandstands either hillside or bleachers, choosing from different types of dirt to be used for the track, etc. And also you should make a paint tool like the WWE games, where we can draw decals and place them on our created cars, tracks, etc, recreating our local drivers, missing big name drivers, etc.

And with all this creation stuff, I would like there to be a community share feature, like the WWE games for wrestlers, arenas, etc, and EA Sports' NCAA (American) Football TeamBuilder and Roster Share. so that people can conveniently download drivers, tracks, etc, that other people have made, including fan-made versions of real tracks and drivers. I wouldn't mind if all of the Indiana tracks weren't made, but hopefully if you do this, people will make every Indiana dirt track, and people will download.

Another approach to the track creator is that we can stamp things around the track, like there would be several different bleachers, concession stands, press boxes, billboards, etc, and we can stamp as many or as few as we like around the track.

And then it would be AWESOME if you can make a Create-A-Division feature, where you can choose for the car to be stock-based 8-cylinder (Late Models, Modifieds, Super Stocks, Street Stocks, etc), stock-based 4-cylinder (Mini Stock, Stock 4, Hornets, etc), Motorcycle-engine-based (Legends, Dwarfs, Mini Sprints), or Sprint-Based (Sprint Car, Silver Crown, Midget, Wing, Non Wing). You will then get to choose from several appropriate body styles for the car (Sprint-based will obviously have Sprint/Midget/Silver Crown bodies), the width of the car, the width of each of the four tires, how much HP/Torque the engines can have, how many parts need to be stock, how many parts allow for racing parts, etc. And then to make the drivers for the class. You should be able to press a button that would auto-generate at least 20 drivers for your new division, with names from a name bank, etc, or, you would have the option to hand-make every driver from that division itself. Like if UMP Sportsman Super Stocks weren't included, I would create a division that had the body of a Dirt Late Model, but a little narrower, had several types of rear sails to choose from (some boxy, some smooth), made the tires as narrow as the IMCA/UMP-style modifieds, forced the front clip to be stock, and the engines to have about 500-600 HP, the car to be 2900 lbs with driver, and either auto-generated the division or created my Bloomington Speedway faves, and named the division "UMP Sportsman Super Stocks." Also, you should be able to toggle if spoilers are allowed, and which kind.

Now with the PC version, you know that moddability helps the longevity of a PC game. Just Look at NASCAR Heat and rFactor. You should make pretty much every aspect of the PC version of the game easily moddable, and you should allow us to import custom models (like .3DS and OBJ) into the game's native format, for cars, track surfaces or track objects.

And you said you'd make an XBox 360 version of this game, right? Cause I don't have an XBox One yet and won't get one for awhile.

Now onto the divisions (car types/classes) that I think should be included

410 Wing Sprints (obviously)

Super Late Models (The lack of them was why I didn't buy your WoO 2008 game for XBox 360)

410 Non Wing Sprints

IMCA/UMP Modifieds (I hope they don't have spoilers, because UMP just banned spoilers this year and IMCA never ran with them. But spoilers could be an option if the user were to create his/her own modified class)

Super Stocks/Sportsman (which are similar to the IMCA/UMP Modifieds, but have Late Model-style bodies, and weigh more)

It'd be okay if you'd have Northeast Big Block Modifieds/Sportsman/Pro Stocks, as well as 4-cylinder cars. But they're not much of my thing.

I'm not saying you have to put every division I mentioned in it, but, it would be good if you put the Create-A-Division mode in if you didn't put in some of these divisions.

And as far as vehicle handling, I would like to have a choice between, Arcade, Moderate, and Simulation handling, as well as setting up your car for all three modes. And good AI, which is one of rFactor's weak spots, since most dirt oval mods besides mine and DirtWorks Designs' are solely for online against other human players.

And I would like to give a big thanks to all you and the other Australian dirt racing game producer, Ratbag, have done for us American Dirt Oval race fans. I haven't gotten a chance to play any of your games, but I've played Ratbag's, and they're fun!

I complete agree, this game has to be late model based IMO, if you look and dirt track racing the majority of racing is late model dominate, I for one think that the game would be more popular if they focus on late models. I know a ton of people that would buy a Ps4 just for a late model game. I think of you have 50-100 real drivers, 5-7 real chassis, 5-10 real engine builders, 5 of the best shock builders and say 30 or so real tracks it would be sweet. With all that the DTR and RFactor have done on PC I think that this all could be a easy reality to make everyone satisfied with this game. I really hope this all pans out and I sure hope it's just not sprints cause everyone I know doesn't care for sprints all that much. it won't bother me if they are in the game but they don't need to be the main focus that's for sure.

(09-28-2015, 08:56 AM)lloydza89 Wrote: It needs to be focused on crate late models and super late models but still have a variety of other cars such as 4 cylinders, renegades, open wheel modifieds and others. There needs to be a good career mode where you can create a driver and start out from the bottom in 4 cylinders and work your way up to crate late models and super late models. Have different amounts of cash prizes in different classes for each track. Have the big name drivers such as jimmy owens, scott bloomquist, jonathan davenport, don o'neal, Chris Ferguson and all the other guys that race in the Lucas Oil dirt late model series and World of Outlaws dirt late model series. You need to focus on making the late models move like they do in real life and where you have to make adjustments for different tracks. It needs to have qualifying, heat races and main events just like you if you are racing at a local short track in real life. Check out rfactor dirt late model series to get the car movements and graphics. We want something similar to rfactor on a console with career modes and different series that we can race in. The game should really focus on super late model touring series such as Lucas Oil and World of outlaws late models.

This game should also have an area online such as some of the 2k sports games have where you can go download game content that other players have created and uploaded, it is called 2k share. If it had a track builder and car designer mode, players could upload there tracks and cars for others to download and use on their game.

I completely agree!!!
Glad to see that my local track "Skagit Speedway" made this list. As home of the annual Jim Raper Memorial Dirt Cup it should make the game. PLEASE MAKE DIRT CUP AN EVENT IN THIS GAME!