Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
Realistic list of stuff Everyone wants! ADMINS PLEASE READ
I know this is a lot to ask but after hearing the possible plans of having Modifieds, Late Models, Wing and Non-Wing Sprint Cars a friend and I both that follow Dirt Racing closely have came up with a realistic list of tracks that are well known that run all 4 classes.

We know it's not possible to have everyone's local track so we made a list of more well known tracks in the US and some International tracks. We tried to keep the list short.

(Edited after hearing some other opinions)

Volusia Speedway Park
The Dirt Track at Las Vegas
Thunder Bowl Raceway in Tulare, CA
Silver Dollar Speedway
I-55 Federated Auto Parts Raceway
Eldora Speedway
Williams Groove Speedway
The Dirt Track at Charlotte
Kokomo Speedway
Knoxville Raceway
Huset's Speedway
Dodge City Raceway Park
Limaland Motorsports Park in lima, OH
Lernerville Speedway
Skagit Speedway
Deer Creek Speedway Spring Valley MN
Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, Missouri
Boone Speedway in Boone Iowa
Eagle Raceway
Bloomington Speedway
East Bay Raceway Park
Fulton Speedway

Extra Tracks - International Tracks
--------------
Tri State Speedway in Haubstadt, Ind.*
34 Raceway Burlington, Iowa*
Attica Raceway Park*
Ohsweken Speedway Ohsweken, Ont.*
Calistoga Speedway*
Valvoline Raceway Granville NSW 2142, Australia*
Western Springs Speedway

A good career mode is really needed aswell!

---------------------------------------------
I have made 2 other important post for the PC version that I will add to this post.

Good Steering Wheel support!
Logitech, Fanatec, Thrustmaster seem to be the 3 most popular brands but it still seems that the Fanatec and Thrustmaster wheels don't get much support in games.

- Options to have all assist off so no built in assist in the physics.

- 900 degrees of rotation support.

- Stand alone pedal support. A must for most PC...

- Good Force Feedback.

- Simple calibration page to map all controls custom, so you can configure your own controls if there's not a preset.

Triple Screen Support on PC - Please!
Most games really warp the side screens, please look into having triple screen optimization.

The photos attached show optimized vs not.

Not - Optimized
http://www.hostingbytes.us/images/3/7893380.png

Optimized
http://www.hostingbytes.us/images/3/5422573.png
inb4 "you forgot *insert track name" or "why don't you have *insert track name"
(01-16-2015, 10:57 PM)motherlover530 Wrote: inb4 "you forgot *insert track name" or "why don't you have *insert track name"

I think being as Big Ant is Melbourne based us Aussies deserve to have a fair few of our tracks in there. Haha.
Ross said the game will have an in game track builder, so just make your own tracks. And this list includes 0 southern tracks in it (except for Charlotte), so it's not that great.
Check out our online dirt racing site at www.teamvlr.com. We will also communicate about the new Dirt Racing game from Big Ant! Let's make them glad they are making this game for everyone!
(01-17-2015, 12:14 AM)Shocker0 Wrote: Ross said the game will have an in game track builder, so just make your own tracks. And this list includes 0 southern tracks in it (except for Charlotte), so it's not that great.

I tried to make the best list I could of tracks "most" people know and like.

I know I missed some due to trying to keep the list as short as possible.

Was trying to make a realistic list because I seen most people posting about there "local" track and we all know they can't do that.
Limaland? I live in Ohio and I've never heard of Limaland. What about Portsmouth? Attica is a good pick, everyone seems to like it.
(01-17-2015, 01:55 AM)Agoldfish Wrote: Limaland? I live in Ohio and I've never heard of Limaland. What about Portsmouth? Attica is a good pick, everyone seems to like it.

You've never heard of Limaland? How about UNOH? The University of Northwestern Ohio, the premier University for Motorsports? The sponsor speedweeks in Florida and at Volusia... Well UNOH owns Limaland, and they race their UMP Mods and Stockcars their weekly with Student drivers against other normal Friday night racers.
(01-17-2015, 02:11 AM)Shane81Wolf Wrote:
(01-17-2015, 01:55 AM)Agoldfish Wrote: Limaland? I live in Ohio and I've never heard of Limaland. What about Portsmouth? Attica is a good pick, everyone seems to like it.

You've never heard of Limaland? How about UNOH? The University of Northwestern Ohio, the premier University for Motorsports? The sponsor speedweeks in Florida and at Volusia... Well UNOH owns Limaland, and they race their UMP Mods and Stockcars their weekly with Student drivers against other normal Friday night racers.

I live in NE Ohio, so the most famous dirt track near me is Sharon Speedway. Never heard of UNOH either. But that Student Vs. Racers thing sounds really cool...
The track editor will be great as long as we can change all aspects of the track (where the corner starts/ends/how sharp/ banking/ where the cushion is/ whether it slicks off or stays tacky/ if the wall is right on the track or on the backside of the bank)...if we can recreate all of our local tracks without having to worry about licensing issues, this will take care of most people's request of tracks. My fear is that the track editor will not be detailed enough to satisfy these needs...allowing us to make a generic 1/4 3/8 1/2 mile track then say they let u do an oval tri oval or quad and change banking isnt much of a creator. (i hope this isnt the case)
(01-21-2015, 07:08 AM)wayfastwhitey26 Wrote: The track editor will be great as long as we can change all aspects of the track (where the corner starts/ends/how sharp/ banking/ where the cushion is/ whether it slicks off or stays tacky/ if the wall is right on the track or on the backside of the bank)...if we can recreate all of our local tracks without having to worry about licensing issues, this will take care of most people's request of tracks. My fear is that the track editor will not be detailed enough to satisfy these needs...allowing us to make a generic 1/4 3/8 1/2 mile track then say they let u do an oval tri oval or quad and change banking isnt much of a creator. (i hope this isnt the case)

This is exactly why we want to get your involvement - what elements must be in a track editor to get everything you want. I want real details, the more you can give us and the more of you that want it, the harder we will work to deliver it.