Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cover Athlete
If you're going on about that ASADA train-wreck... then like them, you're stretching it a bit. Lance Armstrong... is a drug cheat. If Gallen was a drug cheat then they wouldn't have taken all that time to achieve nothing.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
I dont know if you were saying he technically isnt a drug cheat but i defintly wasnt stretching anything. Just speaking my opinon. Back to the player on the cover ill just be happy if all 16 captains are on it.
Do we really need a cover athlete? I think rugby league fans are going to buy the game regardless of who is on the cover and if you're not a rugby league fan then you probably wouldn't recognise whoever is on the cover anyway. Why not something to make the game attractive to sports games fans in general? Someone running flat out, someone getting crunched in a tackle and a big shiny trophy?
Well after what Gallen did to Kyle Turner and got away with. Please don't let the thug anywhere near the cover.
We seem to be running out of options. How about a photo of the disciplinary panel on the cover?
(02-15-2015, 11:08 PM)krypter Wrote: Well after what Gallen did to Kyle Turner and got away with. Please don't let the thug anywhere near the cover.

The forearm was pretty grubby but please dont think for a second that tackle was anything but legal. Its unfortunate for the kid but Gallen did not cause his injury from any kind of illegal play.

If you are just jumping on the hate cos you like to hate him fine but call a spade a spade the tackle was fine.
(02-16-2015, 07:45 AM)Mav_78 Wrote:
(02-15-2015, 11:08 PM)krypter Wrote: Well after what Gallen did to Kyle Turner and got away with. Please don't let the thug anywhere near the cover.

The forearm was pretty grubby but please dont think for a second that tackle was anything but legal. Its unfortunate for the kid but Gallen did not cause his injury from any kind of illegal play.

If you are just jumping on the hate cos you like to hate him fine but call a spade a spade the tackle was fine.

I hate the man yes, but the initial tackle was high which was not his fault. However, instead of pulling out after feeling Turners face hit his shoulder, he literally wrapped his arm around the kids head slammed it into the ground and proceeded to press on it. It was nothing more than Gallen being a thug like he is and ruined that kids career but he's obviously a protected species. We learnt that after he got the three game ban for doping.

He does the NRL no favours and is one of those players that give credence to those who say Rugby League is nothing but a bunch of thugs who like to beat on each-other. You don't head slam and facial without the intention of hurting, dude should just quick and go punch people for a living if he wants to hurt others.